“Incredible sausage sandwich”
Review of Oven - CLOSED

Oven
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Tried the "knife and fork" sausage sandwich today with a Moretti beer...incredible! My wife had the Italian vegetable soup and a glass of Infinite Monkey Theorem Cabernet Franc (Colorado winery) both of she enjoyef greatly. Great outdoor seating in a great place - Belmar where we live and play!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We found this place online during out visit to Denver. We each had a cocktail while waiting for our pizza and salad to go. I had a white Manhattan made with Colorado White Whisky and homemade marinated cherries. My wife had a local vodka martini with rosemary infused olives. Both terrific. Our 4 meat pizza had plenty of toppings and the crust was delicious. The parmesian cheese to go was freshly grated, not Kraft. Their house salad dressing is a carmelized onion balsamic vinegrette. We returned a second night. Ate in. Had an appetizer of rolls with 3 different spreads - olive tapenade, sundried tomato spread, and pesto. Tried a different cocktail - gin, fresh lemon, lime, and orange juice, with a splash of basil simple syrup. Really refreshing on a hot day in Denver. Can't wait to go back and try other things on the menu.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This has become one of my favorite restaurants. The pizza is thin and cooked in a wood fire oven. They offer a variety of sauces and use enough for flavor but not so much you don't taste anything else. They offer a weekly special Brioni's pie that's usually worth asking about. The desserts are delicious! I love the baked donut and the carrot cake the best. More amazing as I normally can't stand carrot cake. They've recently expanded their bar selections and now offer cocktails in addition to wine and beer. They use local products as much as possible which I like. Seating is family style which makes some people uncomfortable, and since it is a small restaurant it can get very loud. Staff can be very hit or miss, but usually pretty good. I've heard others say it was expensive, but I feel the portions are just right and we never leave hungry or feeling like we didn't get our money's worth. If I'm at Belmar, this is my top choice.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have eaten there in the restaurant and done take out many, many times. It is ALWAYS outstanding!! The pizza dough is just right--not too thin, not too thick! They accomodate special requests such as baking it with the pepperoni at the start of the baking process--I prefer the pepperoni crispy! They always give me extra cheese and lots and lots of basil for the margarita (sp?) pizza. Even my niece, who ordered the roasted veggies only loved them!! They are always friendly, fun and comfy! My all time favorite, second only to a little place we found in Florence, Italy nine years ago!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just found this place and ate outside for a nice and quiet visit. Great focaccia bread! - got their appetizer with it and humus. BBQ pizza is pretty good - the thin pizza dough was really good - not so crisp that you can't eat it. So very enjoyable! Waitress was extremely friendly and gave great service. This is in the Belmar shopping district on a quiet street. They close at 9:30 p.m. on Sat. night but fine with our schedule.