“Good burgers, priced a little high”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #9 of 391 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We stumbled onto Yard House at the Colorado Mills area on a recent trip thru the Denver area, having never heard of this small chain of restaurants. It seems like a combination of slightly upscale food plus sports bar. My husband & I both enjoyed our burgers, though they weren't spectacular, and we felt they cost a little too much. I had the Hawaiian style burger, which was a little dry but good once I added the sauce. The fries were excellent - thin cut, nice & crispy.

The interior was a little loud, and there were televisions everywhere -- that's either good or bad depending on your mood! Wait-staff was attentive. Food was served fairly quickly.

If this chain opened up in my hometown, I'd pay them another visit. Price was a little high for just burgers, but otherwise it was an enjoyable experience.

There are newer reviews for Yard House

Reviewed 2 July 2009

The Yard House is a pub/restaurant located in the Colorado Mills Mall. It is a large restaurant with a circular bar and lots of tvs that they will tune to any sporting event you want to watch as long as it is on DirecTv. Their appetizer list is long and has many delicious items on it. Their calamari is cooked perfectly. They have a wide variety of entrees and sandwiches. I have had a burger, the fish and chips and the shrimp lemongrass skewers with peanut sauce, which is my favorite entree! Delicious! I have never had a bad item here. It is a very noisy restaurant though, so if you are going for a visit or dinner date, I would probably choose somewhere else. This is a restaurant that really has more of a bar feel to it. They have more beers on tap than anywhere else I have ever seen.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

My advice is to try as many things off the menu as you can because there is such a delicous and vast selection. My personal favorite is the crab cakes. The atmosphere is great. They have great music and a modern interior. Hands down, the best restraunt in the Colorado Mills Mall.

Never have I seen such a variety of alchohol. The wine and alchohol menu is just as long, if not longer than the rest of it. They take pride in these beverages and know a lot about them, including their fascinating history.

Reviewed 24 March 2009

We visited The Yard House on the evening of Wednesday, March 18, 2009. We were a party of 4 and were seated in the middle of a crowded section with tables and chairs set too close. One of us was constantly being hit by servers and other diners passing by. The restaurant was loud and not conducive to table conversation. We were sadly neglected by our busy server who promised to be back 'in a sec' and then wouldn't return for several minutes. Our food was tasty but spoiled when one of us chewed on a piece of plastic while enjoying his fried chicken--convincing us that the food was pre-prepared. The manager dealt with the matter appropriately and our server became much more attentive. We had previously visited this restaurant about two years earlier when in Colorado and enjoyed it immensely, but were there in mid-afternoon when it was relatively quiet. If you're looking for a quiet dining spot, this is not the place. It did have a wonderful selection of beers and was nicely located in the Colorado Mills Mall.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 March 2008

A yard is a lot of beer isn't it?

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Yard House? Share your experiences!