“Just Right!”

3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lamar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2013

What a great find! Jane, the owner, was so welcoming and made us feel like we were staying at the home of a good friend. The whole place was spotless, and I have very high standards when it comes to cleanliness. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was great, and wait 'til you see the garden! It, alone, is worth the price of admission. Thank you, Jane. You are a treasure!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcwannago

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Jane, the owner, was very welcoming and her place was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the whole house was enjoyable. It's just a few blocks from the center of town but it was very quiet. Jane also helped us pick a good dinner place and told us of the different sites to visit in the area.
Earle and Mary

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EarleandMary
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Lamar doesn't have the best options for a woman to stay at by herself and feel comfortable. I researched options and found 3rd Street Nest B&B. I had never stayed at a B&B so I was unsure of what it was going to be like. Jane was SOOO nice, very warm and inviting! I had notes in the morning telling me to have a great day and ended up coming back to a clean room and fresh snacks that were amazing. I would stay there again if I had to go back to Lamar

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Ashley L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed at the 3rd Street Nest B&B again over the High Plains Snow Goose Festival and it was - as always - perfect!
Jane was her always welcoming and freindly self who makes you feel right at home.
Treats in the fridge waiting for you after a long drive....clean, comfortable bed and warm and inviting rooms and house made for a relaxing and restful stay.
If you are travelling through Lamar, Colorado on your way someplace or staying there for a local event - there is absolutely no reason to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Both are great - one upstairs and one down if that makes a dufference.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dean H
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed at 3rd St. Nest B&B when my daughter got married and it was the perfect place to stay. Jane went out of town and trusted us for the weekend at the house. Everything was top notch and I have stayed at B&B's throughout the world. I must confess that although I come back to CO often and stay with my daughter, I really would like to stay at Jane's and feel pampered.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stampaholic
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Lamar does not have a lot of decent option. The Holiday Inn is the newest hotel and gets horrible reviews and locals advised me to stay away.

This was my first ever stay in a Bed and Breakfast. Jane leaves cereal and such out for people to use and her kitchen is your kitchen while you are there. I am not a huge fan of the Bed and Breakfast concept I realize. I don't like being in someone else's home. Feels weird to me. So I skipped all breakfast to include the gourmet weekend breakfast. I don't like the idea of sitting down in someone else's home and eating. I am very private.

The suite worked well for that and I stayed in the Violet Suite. It was nicely appointed. The furniture is a little dated, the couch has some scratches from her cat. But I am allergic to cats and the area I stayed in which has its own living room, its own bathroom, and bedroom and it was clean enough I didn't find a single piece of cat hair and my allergies didn't act up.

She added a bunch of nice touches and even had nasal strips for those who have allergies and forgot their breath rite strips. Nice touch. The towels were clean and soft and better than hotel towels. The bed was soft, linens clean, and the house very quiet.

There is good screaming fast and reliable WIFI.

The televisions are dated, but they work and I only turn it on just to see if it worked. I watched what I wanted streaming on my laptop while I worked.

I was on business and came and went at odd hours and Jane never seemed bothered by it.

I will return to Lamar for business and will stay there again. Probably skip breakfast again because that's how I am lol, but I think she enjoys cooking them...so if you are less phobic than me I recommend trying it.

Best deal in Lamar.

Room Tip: Get the downstairs violet room suite...its very nice and private.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank CreagP
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Internet bookings can be scary but I'm grateful I found 3rd Street Nest. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The innkeeper was very friendly and open with local dining recommendations. The breakfast was fantastic with fruit and muffins. Even the cat was accommodating. If we ever return through southeast Colorado, this will be a definite stop.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple