“Great stop”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Needing a one night on the road stop, we tried the Holiday Inn Express. Sean greeted us when we got there and set us up. He seemed to be a one man show but that didn't slow him down a bit. Great attitude and very helpful. Rooms were clean and parking was easy. Pool area was well kept and clean. Breakfast the next morning was straightforward and well stocked. If you've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before you know what to expect and the Lamar staff delivers. I would definitely stay here again if needing a place in Lamar.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Rachel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I am very glad you had a great experience with us at the HIE in Lamar, Colorado. We appreciate you and hope to welcome you back. Thank-you on your review.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar

Reviewed 16 March 2014

New and Clean rooms, staff friendly, breakfast plentiful. We stayed at this hotel on our way up north. We had our two cats with us and they allowed pets. Several other people had pets with them, there is an open area for dog walking. The hotel clerk was friendly and helpful and suggested the steakhouse across the street for dinner which was really good. He even told us we could walk through the hotel to get closer to the steakhouse since it was a little chilly out. All in all a great place to stop and rest.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I want to thank-you for staying with us at the HIE in Lamar, Colorado and giving us a great review. We appreciate you willing to write your opinions about your stay.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was a great place to find when travelling cross country on my touring motorcycle. The accommodations and staff were top notch and very pleasant. The Holiday Inn Expresses are like home away from home. Would not hesitate to stay with them again.

Room Tip: I typically choose a first floor room away from elevators and was able to get that here too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jimmcma
Rachel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lamar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hello jimmcma,
I want to start off by thanking you for choosing the HIE in Lamar, Colorado, we really appreciate your kind review and would like to welcome you back when you come through Lamar.
Rachel Flores

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Shawn handled my reservation over the phone. He was efficient, friendly & very helpful. After I made my reservation, I had to call back because I had an additional question. Again, Shawn was helpful & we had a pleasant conversation about the hotel & the Lamar area. Upon arrival, Maria checked us in & she was also very friendly. Check in was a breeze & Maria was very thorough when she told me about the hotel's amenities. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the room. It was very well appointed & clean. I'd forgotten that Shawn told me the rooms came equipped with a coffee maker/coffee, refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board & hair dryer. (All of which are necessities in my world).The beds are comfortable, the rooms are quiet, the bathroom is a great size & the towels were lush & plentiful. The 'free' breakfast has plenty to offer. I didn't use the business center during this stay but I'm sure I will take advantage of it's availability the next time I'm in town. I frequently travel to the Lamar, CO area & have stayed at other hotels/motels in town. I have to say that the Holiday Inn Express in Lamar, CO is my new favorite place to stay & I will return whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Super nice staff, got two queen beds for one night and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Clean rooms, nice showers but the bathrooms could use fans. If youre a bathroom fan lover, this is not the place for you! If you like nice clean quiet comfy rooms, this is the place to be. Thank you holiday inn express!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank midNYtoker
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The property was very clean and the staff very friendly. We got in late and just wanted to get to our room. Check in was very efficient. And when leaving the breakfast area, the breakfast staff thanked us for staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NormaRae03
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On a recent trip through the southeast portion of Colorado enroute to Kansas my wife and I booked a room for two nights at this newer three story Holiday Inn Express. Centrally located in Lamar this hotel stood out as impressive and well maintained. A very nice and friendly young man (clerk) greeted us upon arrival and welcomed us to the city of Lamar. The hotel had plenty of easily accessible outside parking. Our room was very nice with a king size bed, refrigerator and desk. WiFi was offered to guests free of charges. Our room faced the main highway going into and outside Lamar. Trucks were plentiful in the area traveling the roads 24/7. Although the trucks were loud at times the noise was manageable. A buffet type breakfast was available in the morning with simple but good food eg., pancakes, eggs, hot and cold cereals, breads, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, juices, milk and coffee. One problem we observed was with the lobby bathrooms. On multiple occasions we noticed that the bathrooms were in need of cleaning at different times of the day. Lamar itself is a small city that offers an abundance of fast food type restaurants. Upscale restaurants are not available. A short drive from the hotel is a Walmart and supermarket. If we were to return to Lamar we would not hesitate to stay at this Holiday Inn Express hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple