“Quaint but great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranchers Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Lamar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Choctaw, Oklahoma
“Quaint but great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We asked our hotel desk clerk for a recommendation of a place to eat and she referred us here, said they were open 24 hours a day. What the clerk didn't say was that this was one end of a truck stop, it was a little different going through a convenience store/truck stop to get to a diner...but the food was fantastic, best steaks I've had in a long time. Atmosphere is a bit drab and lighting isn't great, but can't complain for food and price,

Visited July 2012

Colorado
“Typical Truck Stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Hey this was the local of one of my first dates. Seriously.

It's open all the time and serves your typical truck stop fare. Not bad and who doesn't love getting breakfast any time of the day?

Visited June 2011
1 Thank rubyslipperlady
Houston, Texas
“The Hick Gourmet?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

After eating all across America I'd have to say this is just another greasy truck stop restaurant with mediocre to bad food. The steak I ordered took forever to get to me and was over cooked, the salad bar was just barely okay with not much to choose from and the service was bad. I had to ask the waitress 3 times for a refill on my drink and she wasn't too attentive to me the whole time I was there and the place wasn't busy at all. I saw maybe 3-4 other tables and that was it.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank phoodiez
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

STAY AWAY!!! Took my family their after watching my daughter play a softball game at Lamar Community College. When we arrived the restaurant it was not that busy.It became crowded shortly thereafter.There was absolutely no organization. Orders were taken haphazardly and served in the same manner. Several groups came in after us ordered rec'd their food and completed their meals before we even saw our waitress again. After and 90 minutes + it was nearing my time for my daughter to return to her dorm for curfew. Since our waitress was no where in sight, I went to the the cashier and stated that we needed to leave and that I wanted to pay for our drinks that we had consumed and leave. Another server cam out of nowhere, told me that our food was suddenly ready and that were going to police on me if I did pay for the food I had ordered. No apologies for the delay of the food or a gesture of goodwill just a threat of prosecution for a service they had not provided. I was not the only one at the at the register complaining of the poor service. Since my daughter was hungry and was in need of getting back to her dorm so that she was not late, I paid for the food at took it with me.
Apparently their way of dealing with their shortcomings a food service business is to threaten and intimidate their sutomers.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sevv
Lamar, Colorado, United States
“Biggest Salad Bar in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a 24/7 restaurant/truck stop. The salad bar is the attraction. Called the Salad Spreader, it is on a chromed manure spreader. Good selection, always fresh, and two homemade soups daily. Menu is varied, and buffet is available. Cinnamon rolls and fresh baked dinner rolls won't disappoint you.