“Worse stay ever! ”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
New York
“Worse stay ever! ”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is the third July we've come to Lamar and the first year I wished I had stayed away! I came with my niece for the softball festivities. We checked in pretty late after driving most the night. We were greater by a very agitated man. He was dirty and very rude. Almost like we were imposing on him for checking in. He kept grumbling under his breath some pretty rude remarks. I was shocked and told her she must have misheard, because who would ever talk about their guests that way?!? Especially right in front of them!

We made it over to our room and found it very musty smelling. The carpets were very stained. Our socks were pitch black after our stay. We asked for fresh towels on the morning we checked out and he was very rude again.

I will never stay here again. I wish I hadn't waited so long to book our room. I should have known better when this was the only place in town with rooms still available. Shame on you for making your guests feel like a burden!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Whatsername1903

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is one of the dirtiest room I have stayed at. They will show you a clean room and then put you in a dirty room, the carpets looked like they have never been cleaned, and the bed sheets made me break out with a rash. I also forgot an item in the room and they said that it is not there. The husband is one of the rudest person that I have spoken with.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CHRIS E

Travellers are raving about these Lamar hotels

Jamestown, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very happy with this choice of motel. It was given a high rating by tripadvisor and whole heartedly concure. The rooms were comfortable, clean and very spacious. It was pleasantly surprised to find a microwave and fridge in the room. It felt like home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Florence, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I did not have my Chesapeake Bay retriever with me on this trip, but I always evaluate motels as though I did. First, the Blue Spruce takes dogs for a small extra fee. Second, on the south and east sides is some open space: vacant lots, a small wetland, then a hike/bike path that would have been perfect for dog-walking. So if I come back through Lamar with him and need lodging, this will be the first motel that I would go to.

Aside from that, the room was clean and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a reasonable priced motel to stay in Lamar. I have tried couple other ones, but this far exceeds the quality & comfort. The shower is awesome, good water pressure & high for a tall person like me. The parking was well lit at night. Great wireless ! Will come back on my return trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have been staying here for about 5 years, whenever I am in Lamar.. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. I have not seen them for several years, and they have gone through a few different managers. The most recent managers, Jeff and his wife, have been very nice. Lamar hotels, for some reason, have had expensive rates for a town this size. There is a college here, but it is not a tourist town. The Blue Spruce has always given me a great weekly rate. I have been loyal to them as a result of this. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The furniture is different than most hotels , which give the rooms class. It is located on main street, close to several restaurants. The rooms are cleaned daily which is becoming rare on weekly rates. The internet reception is excellent and recently they have put in new carpet. Parking is great, with space available in front of your room. I recommend this hotel to my employees, and I will continue to stay here when I come to Lamar, which is about every two months.
All in all, it is the best value in Lamar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Florissant, Colorado
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Booked our room online. Upon check in a frisoend of our had a room with 3 queen beds. The front desk clerk said it was fine to stay in their room and that they would give our room to the next customer. She stated it would not be a big deal because it was a busy weekend and the room would be taken. The clerk reassured us that we would not be billed since we never cheked in and everything would be fine. Stayed 2 nights. Clean rooms, nothing negative. Not sure about the breakfast because we were up and out before breakfast both mornings.
2 weeks later as I am going over my bank statement they billed me for a room that I never stayed in after the front desk said that we would not. The owners rufused to refund our money because they have a 2 day cancellation policy. Their employee lied (or was undertraind and not aware of the policy) about us not being charged. I am fine with the policy but not ok with being told that we would not be billed and then get billed.
If you want a nice clean room with shady owners and untrained staff than this is the place for you. If you want a nice clean room with staff that knows what they are doing and owners who care, DO NOT STAY HERE. We will not be back and do not reccomend a stay here to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family