“Perfect stay for a Family outdoor trip in Lamar!”
Review of Days Inn Lamar

Days Inn Lamar
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lamar
“Perfect stay for a Family outdoor trip in Lamar!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Given the location, a perfect stay for a family outdoor trip. The hotel crew received us well. The room we booked were too good and clean. We had a complimentary breakfast buffet the next morning. The house keeping was of good service. Out and out, it was a hassle-free experience with my family at Days Inn.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at the hotel over the past few weeks for work purposes and I must say it's been a real pleasure. From the friendly and accommodating staff to the clean rooms, it's been pretty good.

There are the occasional travels who come thru that believe they're at home and can be as loud as they want with no regard to others but that's not the hotels fault. And the occasional dog barking is because it is pet friendly. This would help me if I traveled with my 4 legged children but it doesn't so I just deal with it.

Overall it hasn't been so bad I couldn't sleep. I've rested very well for not being my own bed.

The towels and sheets are fresh every time. The breakfast is decent but I'm a banana man myself after coffee in the morning. There's a gym, pool and a hot tub which is great after a long day.

No problems what so ever for me at least. As for the others who haven't had a good stay I hope it gets better for you.

Remember god loves all so god bless you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
peterpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Lamar, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay with us here at the Days Inn: Lamar. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help us better our services for the future! Our staff works diligently to ensure every guest's experience is nothing less than fantastic - we are happy to hear that you felt at home with us during your extended stay! On a side note, I'm glad you gave us a call after you checked out so that we could locate your iPhone 5 charger! See you again soon!

Have a wonderful day,
The Days Inn: Lamar
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had reserved two rooms for two nights and the first night was so noisy between 2:25am and 4:30am that none of us got any sleep. We decided we were not going to stay another night. gthe desk clerk told us he heard the noise too and would not charge us for our stay.

What a crock, We were charged for our room and we still have not received our credit. I will not stay in another Days Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
peterpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Lamar, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay with us here at the Days Inn: Lamar. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help us better our services for the future! Our staff works diligently to ensure every guest's stay is nothing less than fantastic - it is disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.

There seems to have been a misunderstanding. You thought you would not be charged for both nights but in actuality, the desk clerk meant he would not charge you for the second night since you had decided to leave. I can see how this may have been a bit confusing. When you encountered this problem, it may have been wiser to simply give us a call back at the hotel and ask to speak with the manager regarding this issue. This dilemma would have been easily sorted out. We believe this review is an inaccurate representation of our fine staff who are honest and hardworking individuals so we would appreciate if you were to take this review down.

We hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future so that we may have an opportunity to better serve you. If you have any further questions or would like to speak with me directly, please give us a call at (719) 336-5340 and ask to speak with a manager.

Warm Regards,
The Days Inn: Lamar
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I arrived about 7 PM, tired and anxious to get settled. I struggled to get all my luggage in in one trip and was hindered by someone who had used a garden hose during the day, and then left it in a tangled heap near the front door instead of carefully winding it up and moving it out of the way of guests. It looked like an accident waiting to happen as you had to go around it or risk getting tangled in the hose. The front desk person did not offer to help me with my luggage or get the door for me.

My biggest complaint was the noise both from the traffic outside and from other guest's rooms. I had trouble sleeping and could clearly hear someone in the next room snoring. The best thing was the above average breakfast. They had an automatic pancake machine that flipped two pancakes onto your plate in two minutes. I had never seen such a machine before.

My room was small but did have a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker, and was clean. The room was poorly lit, and the TV which was small by today's standards, got very poor reception. The drapery did not close tightly letting in light from outside which I found bothersome.

There are not many lodging options in Lamar, but next time I will pay more to get a better night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfy and bedding was nice. Clean bathrooms. Good showers. Good internet. Allowed early check-in and late check-out. Very accommodating!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business