“Great place?”

McGinnis Cottage Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leadville
McGinnis Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Leadville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were suppose to stay here this past weekend. Our snow cat skiing got canceled at ski cooper because of mechanical problems. I call to explain our situation with the owner and that we would not be coming up at this time but wanted to at a later date. She would not give on her cancelation policy and was very argumentative. We will never stay here or recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Peg H

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Went up to Leadville for a wonderful dinner at Tennessee Pass Cookhouse (if you haven't checked out this gem of a restaurant, you must do so - definitely a special occasion kind of place). Donna was a gracious hostess, and her home is warm and inviting on top of being immaculate. Made for a perfect weekend excursion. I'm looking forward to staying at McGinnis again during the summer months. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bikelvr426
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A quality B & B in historic Leadville. Donna, our hostess, was first rate -- warm, friendly and helpful. Also, she is one heck of a good cook -- breakfasts on our two mornings there were the best and more than filling. Though somewhat small, our room was comfortable and had a great view over the housetops to spectacular mountains. If in Leadville again, we would return gladly to this B & B.

Room Tip: Second floor room has small balcony overlooking mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rlwlawrisk
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We spent 3 nights here at the end of August 2013. Loved it. The place is in a fabulous location just a few blocks from the main street and in a pretty and quiet neighborhood. It is immaculately clean - in fact owner requires no shoes inside house. Every corner perfectly clean. Our room, while small, had a little balcony where we spent our evenings watching the sky grow dark. Then, being the rainy season, we watched thunderstorms dance on the mountains in front of us. Paradise! We will, however, rent the suite upstairs. For a bit more one gets lots more space. Breakfasts were huge! HUGE! It's served in courses. After the first course - big bowl of oatmeal with 9-12 little condiment bowls of fruits and nuts Donna walked into the dining room with our "real" breakfast! Wow! Great food, friendly owner, perfectly clean, Who could ask for more? We won't look further in Leadville and we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Visited Leadville to attend a Zikr dance performance at Tabor Opera House. Found this charming B&B on the Leadville website. Donna (hostess) was extremely friendly & gracious from my first conversation with her through the end of my 2-night stay. I first called to book, and Donna also humored me on two subsequent calls to confirm our reservation and answer my questions about mountain driving + the easiest approach to Leadville for a guest from "a flat state" with little mountain driving experience! Stayed in the Leadville Sleeper. Bathroom was nicely appointed (even nicer than I expected from the online picture) and the king bed was very comfortable. Not much extra space in the room, the bed & BEAUTIFUL armoire pretty much fill it up, but in my opinion this was not an issue since I enjoyed the comfortable, elegantly appointed common sitting room and definitely met some interesting fellow travelers there. The breakfast was a work of love by our hostess - she clearly enjoys the process of setting, preparing, and serving breakfast for her guests. I plan to return with my sisters for our annual getaway this year or next, and hopefully with my husband within the same time frame to enjoy some mountain hiking. With the Leadville 100 race series based here and "14-ers" Mt. Massive/Mt. Elbert close by, I found the businesses in town to be very hiker/runner "friendly". I highly recommend McGinnis Cottage Inn. Walked past another B & B featured on the Leadville website and was glad I didn't choose it! (btw, I am highly allergic to cats. Although we met a feline friend on the porch, I had absolutely no problems with allergies in the room or common areas. Felt it important to share this since cats are mentioned in few reviews.)

Room Tip: Look at pictures so you can match your preferences. Toured the queen suite which was lovely and has...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The McGinnis Cottage Bed & Breakfast is very comfortable and nicely decorated. We relaxed in the upstairs suite and bathed in the large, jacuzzi tub. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. The breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed the company of a very pleasant Australian couple. Donna is a very good cook and a lovely hostess. Thank you, Donna!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Our stay at the McGinnis Cottage was wonderful! The owners were friendly and engaging, a wealth of interesting life tales. The B&B was spotless, the rooms fresh and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was delicious, very european. On a side note, I noticed a review that spoke of cats...we had no idea there were any cats present throughout our 3 day stay. Not a smell or a peep from them! We will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family