“How Often Do You Get to Say "I went dog sledding!" ?”

Dog Sledding in Summit County
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My daughter lives in Arvada, CO. She had set us to snow mobile, but something happened, and we couldn't go. So, she tried to get us into dog sledding at one of the resorts, but no go.

Finally, she found a dog sled tour @ Leadville, CO, at Rancho Excandido! I can't possibly say enough about this tour! It is truly beyond excellent!

They have several tours, but we took the one with two linked dogsleds for my husband, my daughter, and myself along with the tour guide, Anna. It takes about an hour, or so. Not only do you get to ride, but you get to DRIVE the sleds even though the dogs know where they are going, and there is a trail! There are two drivers at all times. The most important information was easy to understand, and the "sled tipover" while driving, had me a bit concerned, but I found there was no need to be. And, one of the dogs was an Iditerod veteran!

I found it so exhilirating, that I actually drove most of the way! I was the only one who drove both sleds. Husband drove 1/2 way, daughter, 1/4 of the way. I rode only once for pics. In addition to this, we also got to unhook the dogs (who are the sweetest, most loveable little things in the world), put them back up, pet them, hug them, and even feed them!

I always hear people who say "I went snow mobiling", or "skiing", or "snowboarding", but how often to you EVER hear someone say "I went dog sledding!"?

This is the BEST, and you won't regret it.

7  Thank Smiley4554