“It's a Super 8 in a very small town in the middle of nowhere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Leadville CO

Super 8 Leadville CO
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Leadville
port
“It's a Super 8 in a very small town in the middle of nowhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

It's a Super 8 in a very small town in the middle of nowhere - what are you going to expect. The breakfast room is in a dungeon but the waffle was excellent. the view from the room was a mess of power lines but we could still see the sunset on the mountains. The smell in the motel and room was not bad just trying to disguise something worse.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my family were coming from Durango headed back home to Denver. After a long time in a car coming to the Super8 was nice. The staff was friendly. The room we got with two beds was clean too. The shower we got when we got our room felt so good. It would of been nicer if there was a few more pillows. But we still slept good. If we pass by Leadville again we would stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This motel is nice and very clean. We stayed for 2 nights and had the joy of meeting Anna the owner. She was always working, planting flowers, organizing, cleaning, preparing breakfast and always wiping down tables in breakfast area. The motel was very, very clean and smelled nice. The beds and pillows were soft and comfy. We had great views from the windows. It is a short drive to down town only about 5 min. Every time we were coming and going we would find Anna working so she was there if we needed anything. The rooms had a small fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Each room had a new larger television as well. We would absolutely stay here again .

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor and you can sleep with the window open without worrying.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber T
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is older and needs some updating, but the outstanding staff and cleanliness of the place along with the reasonable price won me over. I would definitely stay there again. My room had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. It amazed me how clean everything was in an older building. The young woman who checked me in made me feel so welcome and came to the room with me to sure everything was OK and helped me carry my luggage in. She gave me excellent suggestions for dinner in town as well as menus for some restaurants that delivered. The gentleman the next morning at the front desk was also pleasant and courteous. Breakfast was above average and the eating area was kept clean and items refilled as necessary.

The best thing to me was the mountain views in every direction. When I went to my car in the morning it was only 26 degrees, but the air was so fresh smelling and clean I stopped to enjoy it as I admired the view.

On the negative side, there wasn't any way to regulate the temperature in your room and I would have liked better lighting for reading.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joan W
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very basic hotel, staff were helpful with little to work with. Not many other places to stay at. A little bit too far away from restaraunts or fast food shops. You will need to have a car to go find a place to eat.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the office.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Glen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leadville
Delaware Hotel
#6 of 8 in Leadville
The Fairplay Hotel
The Fairplay Hotel
#3 of 3 in Fairplay

Been to Super 8 Leadville CO? Share your experiences!