“Comforts in a rugged land...”
other travellers have booked this property
chestnut street breakfast bar
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
chestnut street
breakfast bar
kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Rockhound...
Greater Hartford, CT
“Communication with the owner could be much better.”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The house had the basics but we expected better. For example, there is a TV with roku but no instructions as to how to use it so the TV did not work at all. There weren't enough drinking glasses or chairs in the living room; the front door light did not work so it was hard to walk at night on the uneven walk. Also, I had to contact the owner repeatedly to find out where to get the key to get in. Last, I was told to wash the towels and leave it all tidy before we left or we would not get our security deposit back. I washed the towels and left it in order. I contacted the owner to ask about the deposit refund but I still have not heard anything and it's been a week.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 Feb 2015
Please allow me the opportunity to respond to your review. Thank you for bringing the exterior light to our attention. The electrician who we hired, traced the problem to a faulty switch, which was replaced as well as the entire fixture upgraded to a motion sensor light to assists guests entering after dark. This issue was not brought to our attention during your stay.
The keys were never an issue because they are inside a lock-box on the front door exterior, which we provided you and every other guest with the combination prior to the check in date.
Instructions for the T.V. are emailed prior to check in and are also located in two easy to find locations in the house. The T.V. is brand new and has never had any problems. The roku box automatically connects to Netflix. It is similar to a modem. It is not necessary to change any settings on it. In the event of any problems, we will send someone to assist. Yet, we were never informed there was a problem.
The security deposit speaks for itself, you kept the house tidy and received your deposit back in a timely manner. You emailed me saying you had received your deposit back, the same day you were asking when I was going to return it to you. The deposit was sent to you a week after you had checked out
Finally, there is a kitchen cabinet full of drinking glasses, coffee cups etc. As for the chairs issue, Polly’s Place is not large enough to furnish as you may have been accustomed to. This is the first complaint ever about the furniture or lack of it.
MrLako
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Comforts in a rugged land...”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

No complaints here. Clean and updated older home in town. Our 4 night stay was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We hiked Elbert, rafted the Arkansas, and rode some horses during our stay; this was a great place to be at the end of each day. Thanks so much!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
CT
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
cjlang93
Worcester, Vermont
“Polly's Place was perfect!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband, and two sons (ages 9 and 13) and I came to Leadville for a friend's wedding. Polly's place was within walking distance to everything, and came equipped with wifi- which my boys loved. It was the perfect size for the 4 of us, and very comfortable. If you are looking for an affordable place to rent for either a couple or small family, I highly recommend Polly's Place. The owners are very nice and soooo easy to talk with. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: We paid less for a great little house than we did for some hotel rooms on our trip to and from Colorado.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jul 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Pollys Place. Thank you, for the review and leaving Pollys Place nice and tidy. We look forward to having you and your family stay again!
Boston
Reviewed 26 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
26 Mar 2013
Thanks for the positive response. We welcome your return. We do have several couples who stay at Pollys Place with or without families and have enjoyed their stay. Couples without families, find the privacy they need. Families of 2 or 3 children who stay at Pollys Place make their ski trip to Leadville affordable and more enjoyable as opposed to staying in a hotel/motel.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing