“Great stay just off I-70” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Kansas
“Great stay just off I-70”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here to break up our drive from Vail to Kansas City. The hotel is relatively new and right off Interstate 70. Check in was quick and easy (we made a reservation in advance). The room was quite large and we were surprised to find a microwave and mini fridge. Everything was very clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast served in the morning. Overall, great, clean place to stay with quick highway access. We'll stay here again next time we make the drive.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always love hearing feedback from our guests and I am quite pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to seeing you again the next time you pass through Limon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stopped in Limon, CO on our way back to Kansas from Yellowstone. The hotel was nice, the room was clean except for some stains on the carpet and since it was a handicap room, we do not know what the regular bathrooms were like. The beds were comfy and the breakfast was included. It is located near a highway and truck stop, so I would highly recommend a room on the back side of the hotel. Also, the parking lot is quite small, so travelers with big rigs, beware.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love hearing feedback from our guests! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Limon.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Design of hotel interior was really nice. Breakfast was really good and in a private room away from people checking out. Front desk check in wasn't the best experience. She wasn't very friendly, but it was a quick check in.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 11 July 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always look forward to receiving feedback from our guests. I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Limon.
olathe, ks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Family Traveling from Kc to Co and needed to pull over for the night. After having a great experience with the reservation line and the first impression of this hotel.....we unfortunately had to experience one of the most important facets of any business today.....service!

Hotel was clean, convenient and comfortable..... But again service was lacking....here is what happened...

Traveling with three adults and two kids, we were excited to reserve a room with a king bed adjoined by another room with bunk beds and a couch.....all confirmed a couple of times during the reservation.....

When we got into the room we found a king bed, bunk beds and no couch.....meaning no place for the fifth person to sleep! At 10:30 at night....this was not good....

We could of swallowed this if it would of been handled differently. We called the front desk and the older guy said he was sorry but offering no apology and no solution other than he would send up an extra pillow and blanket...

I asked to please make sure his management was made aware of the situation as I was obviously not happy. He assured me he would. My son actually slept between two chairs and an Audubon all pulled together. Long night.

So the next morning we went to breakfast and all three of the coffee pots were empty, no rolls, eggs were out and both garbage cans were full and when I went to ask about getting more coffee, i found the worker in the back room sitting down relaxing.

Disappointing experience because the hotel as a whole was nice! I walked out in the morning with my luggage and the tall lady with glasses didn't say one word to me.....

The biggest disappointment was I never received any communication at all from management regarding my experience.....even after I asked the front desk person to make them aware.

This day in age " service" is the most important element that sets hotels apart. Mistakes or mishaps can be taken if they are addressed and taken care of by management.....obviously it doesn't matter at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank momsgonewild
HIELimon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 28 May 2013
On behalf of the staff and management I would like to extend my apologies for the lacking customer service you received during your stay with us. Our customer service is something we take a great deal of pride in and I couldn't agree with you more that in the hospitality industry the level of service is often a deciding factor. I would like to also apologize for the miscommunication with our central booking service regarding what the layout of our family suite actually was. I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Customer feedback, both good and bad, is what motivates us to perform at our highest level collectively.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

With my eyelids drooping on the long drive through eastern CO, I decided to stop for the night in Limon (pronounced like "Simon") CO. The Holiday Inn Express was an awesome place to stay, with comfy beds, polite maintenance staff who don't wake you up in the middle of the morning, a convenient location, and big fridges in their clean, well-appointed rooms.

Oh, and their night manager, Shannon, is a total rockstar. She found me a great room, let me back into said room without judgement when I muzzily left my room key upstairs, and was in general a great example of what I hope for in hotel desk staff.

My three "in an ideal world" things I'd change:
1) They don't have black-out blinds in the rooms, just privacy curtains that are more like gauze. I improvised with a blanket, but those little decorative heavy curtains that don't close all the way are just a total tease.

2) Breakfast foods were a little unhealthy/calorific (no fresh fruit, lots of cholesterol), but the AM cook-staff was good enough to find some hard-boiled eggs for me, at least. And this is pretty much par-for-the-course. They did at least keep the line well-stocked, and were super-nice, like everyone else on staff.

3) As mentioned by JahhhWigi, getting into the parking lot is a little confusing - you have to enter from the side, using a somewhat-poorly-marked driveway.

Room Tip: Avoid anything near the ice machine - it's LOUD!!! And if highway noise bothers you, you might b...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Noah W
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Limon. We always love to hear positive comments about our staff and truly appreciate your rave review of our staff and inparticular Shannon. I would like to apologize that there was no fresh fruit available for you. We generally have bananas available with our other breakfast items and apologize for them not being available to you. Our rooms are also equipped with blackout curtains as well and I apologize for them not being easier to locate. Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and thank you once more for the kind words regarding your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future if your travels bring you though our community again.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I regularly drive to Denver coming into Limon at the end of the day. This HIE location is always a good choice, clean, modern, right off the interstate. Aside from the hotel itself, I find that stopping here and leaving in the AM, I arrive into Denver just after drive time, with a minimum of hassles. Getting to the airport area of Denver from here is very easy. There are several OK restaurants near the hotel, a few large fuel stops and the usual fast food locations.
The breakfast at this location is always good. Touring from here, consider heading into SE Colorado, it's remote prairie/grassland is a counterpoint to the mountains and while some may consider it bleak, other find it a real slice of the old west.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CVTY
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and always appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and the accomodations we offer. We look forward to serving you again in the event your travels bring you through the Limon area. Thank you again for the kind words.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped here just for the night. It was clean and looks newer than any of the other hotels around.
The breakfast was very simple and the staff was friendly.
It was easy to find from the hwy.
The parking entry is a little tricky but nothing to worry about

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank JahhhWigi
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and feel like you received good service. It's something our staff takes pride in, so we appreciate the feedback. Thanks again and hope to see you on your travels again!