“Clean, Good Location, Not Cheap”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359)
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty good hotel. It was clean, the rooms were well-designed, and the employees were friendly. Breakfast was above-average, with five or six hot items. Hotel was small (like most hotel pools these days), but as long as there aren't a dozen kids in it, it was pleasant and clean. Good location with a gas station, McDonald's, restaurant, etc. within walking distance. It wasn't cheap, but if you're on the highway and passing through, it's a good choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express and Suites here in Limon, CO. I am happy that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We recently added several new items and I am glad that you were able to enjoy them. I am also happy you were able to take advantage of our heated, indoor pool. We look forward to serving your hospitality needs the next time you are in the Limon area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After driving 12 hrs you expect to check into a hotel and crawl in a nice CLEAN bed. WRONG! I pulled down the sheets to find wrinkled sheets and body hair from previous guest. Housekeeping made bed up WITHOUT changing bedding.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mimsmel

I would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Our housekeeping staff is incredibly thorough while cleaning each of our guest rooms, I can assure you that this incident was a one-time mistake and is not a normal occurance for our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention so that I can personally speak with the housekeeping staff and assure you that this event will not happen again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed @this hotel twice in 2010 and just got home from another Harley ride and stayed here again before crossing the dreaded western KS highways in the heat. It's still wonderful. It's clean and they apparently continue to update everything because our room was just like brand-new.
Definitely will stay at the hotel again when in the area. Friendly staff, easy on/off location and plenty of food choices for supper within walking distance.

Room Tip: top floor always
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us again on your way through Colorado. We always love when past guests come back to see us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next ride through Limon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Traveling from Tulsa to Breckenridge, this was our stop over. 1st night of our vacation, our son suddenly got sick. Really suddenly! They brought us clean bedding super quickly and helped direct me to find children's meds at midnight in a small town. They were friendly and empathetic. We even got a late check out with ease. It may not be a five star establishment, but they gave five star service!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear your son became ill while you were here I certainly hope he is feeling better. I am happy that our staff was able to assist you promptly and help you find medicine that night. It is always nice to read a review that acknowledges our staff's many efforts. I am truly thankful for your kind words and I will make certain that they are shared with all of our staff members. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Limon area.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a credit to the Holiday Inn Express group of hotels, and will encourage us to go Holiday Inn again in the future. Very helpful, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, not too much highway noise, and a surprisingly good breakfast, with a particularly nice young man who was happy to help the guests figure out how to make a pancake!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HMac_2013
HIELimon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limon I-70 (Ex 359), responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express and Suites here in Limon, CO. I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad our staff were able to assist you with the pancake machine in the morning. The finished product is well worth it! We are always happy when we can provide a great nights stay to our guests and have them choose the IHG brand as their hotel mainstay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Limon area.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

There aren't many hotel options in Limon. Holiday Inn Express was the standard for HIE. Room was clean bed and linens comfortable. Bathroom could've used better lighting. Location off 70 was excellent. Staff was courteous and helpful. I read the trip advisor reviews and sm glad I did. You must make a reservation. It sells out quickly. Also I agree with the other reviews regarding slow wifi.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean comfortable room, although the bed was a bit too soft. Can't say enough good things about the staff... so friendly and accomodating. A good choice in Limon! Breakfast was hot, plenty of choices. We will not hesitate to use them in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business