“There are better choices”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Crossville, Tennessee
“There are better choices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was an older Comfort Inn located in the middle of no where and extraordinarily way over priced. The room, although clean, had an old smell to it. The receptacle at the sink vanity was installed in such a way as to prevent you from using a hair dryer with a plug-in transformer because the transformer would not plug in between the receptacle and wall. The supplied hair dryer's transformer had to be forced into the receptacle to make it fit between the wall and the plug. The plug should have been turned around to permit ease of appliance plug-ins. The breakfast food in the dining room left a lot to be desired. Our choice was to go across the street to McDonalds for breakfast. The management and staff was foreign and a little difficult to understand and be understood.

Room Tip: Two floors, no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Salina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I pulled into Limon around 10:30 one evening after a very long day. I had no reservations and just wanted a good night's sleep. I got the last available room at the Comfort Inn. The two gentlemen at the registration counter were foreigners as someone else mentioned in a review, but they spoke very good English to me and they were kind and courteous with a sense of humor. Check-in was quick and efficient.

My room was clean and had a very comfortable bed. It is true that I had to take stairs as there was no elevator but the stairs were wide, carpeted and not difficult to navigate.

If their "exercise room" is the little corner of the second floor with a treadmill, then yes, I'd call that a joke but I don't know if there was additional space elsewhere.

I have no complaints about the hotel. It served my purpose quite nicely. I got a good night's sleep on a clean, comfortable bed, the wireless internet worked well, breakfast was good, and I was able to hit the road the next morning to continue my travels.

Room Tip: They told me they do sell out every evening in summer so booking ahead is a wise move.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Seahawkfan12
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

The amenities were less than we're used to.the hotel staff was unfriendly and talked in a foreign language while waiting on us. I will not stay there ever again! the water pressure was low. The exercise room was a joke.

• Stayed May 2013
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We liked the place and have no complaints. We got our money's worth. It is well maintained, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered a good breakfast with a variety of options.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I feel bad that I can't give this place a better rating. The staff does a wonderful job. The place was clean and well-run. My problem is with the design of the hotel. NO ELEVATOR! The heater is not a digital thermostat so we just couldn't get the temp right. The sink is outside the bathroom which I personally don't prefer. The room was small and cramped. On the positive side it was quiet and the bed was good. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Request first floor in the back as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had an $85 rate in mid-November which I suppose is reasonable for what I got (I would have felt much better if I had grabbed the $72 advanced purchase rate, but it was no longer available the day prior to my stay when I finally decided to book). The continental breakfast was nice with scrambled eggs, sausages and waffles among the usual items. Some rooms near the entrance may have a little noise from the truck stop across the street but my room at the back was very quiet. It seemed to be a clean and well maintained place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Thank John D.M.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here on a road trip for a high school reunion. We came in after dark and in the middle of a huge wind storm. I have nothing really negative to say about the hotel except the price was much more than I expected in such a small town with not much to offer. Fortunately we had a room on the first floor, but I did hear people grumbling about having to carry their bags up a flight of stairs due to the fact there was no elevator. That certainly would not have worked for us, as we're seniors! The staff was friendly and I was able to get a room with a micro-wave and a refrigerator. I'm not sure I'd bother staying in Limon again, but if necessary, I'd consider saying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple