“I don’t get it”

Ranked #12 of 444 Restaurants in Littleton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Place is talked about a lot, always good things. For me the atmosphere felt stark, dated and too open for the space. Had Eggs Benedict which was good, not extraordinary. Bloody Mary’s were tasty and the Mimosa was served with fresh OJ and that was delish. Servicer was friendly and attentive. I don’t think I’d go back. Too many other places to try.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The food here is always great to excellent. The coffees are good and the Chai Tea is always yummy. Depending on who you get here as a server can make or break the experience. There is a lovely lady, in the room where you wait to be called into the dinning room. She is spectacular. Always professional and very polite. I do not the wait esp if she is there getting our coffees:) a few of the staff members know how to serve a table and there are those that flat our just do not give beep. also we noticed you have to watch your credit card receipts , some servers add there own tip over the line in the tip area. we usually like to leave a cash tip. I know I appreciated it when I waited tables. I tip accordingly if the service is great it is 20% and over if not so,, then the tip keeps going down, as to how blown off we get. We tried reaching the owner about this side of it.. service people adding in their own and he never ever called us back on it. so here , crime does pay. Just leave the tip in on the credit card. It is always clean here , the food excellent, good coffees, tea:) It is a lovely place to meet friends and chat:)

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Everything spot on! Even the wait was tolerable with coffee and some brunch available to purchase before getting a table.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Took the wife and granddaughter to Lucile's for breakfast on 2-23-2018 around 9:15 am. We were directed to select a seat and choose to sit in the lower area to enjoy the sunshine. Waitress arrived and took a drink order and returned with 2 coffees and an apple cider. After placing our order, she returned with the toast and then we waited, and waited and finally someone came out of the kitchen, looked at us and quickly returned with dishes that were lukewarm at best. When this person returned with the rest of our order we advised her and she replied that she would advise the manager. Instead the waitress returned, and hesitantly offered to redo the order. Since we were running short on time we declined and then she began with the attitude, telling us that it was odd it was that we thought the food wasn't hot because the it had been brought right out. From what we can tell, she then contacted the manager and returned to tell us that the food had been compted and we only needed to pay for the drinks. Seemed like a generous offer until she never returned to offer us a refill, not once or to even collect our money for the check. I'll end by saying that we have eaten at this location for years and have always enjoyed the food and service. We understand that mix ups happen, but the poor attitude of this particular waitress was such a turn-off that it will be awhile before we return.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Decided to go here for breakfast with a friend. We were seated at approximately 10:10 a.m. The waitress was quick to greet us, asking if we wanted coffee..."yes, please and an order of beniets (never could spell this) to start." Waitress "are you ready to order breakfast?" Me "We would like to order breakfast when the ben.... come." Makes sense to me, you want to have coffee first and not have the ben...be delivered with breakfast. The waitress made it clear she was not happy with that decision by rolling her eyes and sighing. Since we knew it was getting somewhat close to 11:00 a.m when you can order the poor boy sandwich, my friend asked the waitress if we could order one when breakfast came, so it would be ready when we leave. The waitress began to let us know in a very rude way..."we have a two hour limit on the tables because it is so busy, so you have to leave in two hours, or we do not make any money." Well, Missy Waitress we knew that and naturally, we had no intent to sit for
two hours...good Lord I have never done such a thing at a restaurant... This was not only rude but embarrassing as others seated could hear her....so as it was we ordered breakfast directly after the bens....arrived as planned, with sandwich order..so we would not sit longer at the table than necessary which was our original plan. As it was, we left the restaurant at approx. 11:20 a.m. Despite her rude and unnecessary behavior we left a great tip as we usually do...we pay our good fortune forward...hopefully that alone should shame and humble her......bad start to a day. The food was good as usual...but this left a bad taste in our mouths....