“We love Angie's!”

Angie's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 430 Restaurants in Littleton
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Description: Family run restaurant that has been in business for over 50 years in the Denver area. Our menu features Italian and Mexican entrees. All of our food is made from scratch including our housemade pasta, spaghetti sauce, pizza dough, meatballs, green chili, bleu cheese dressing, desserts, daily fresh baked bread and much more.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Angie's has both Mexican and Italian options and has great homemade pasta. We especially like their homemade wide spaghetti. They are always very accommodating to our special requests.

Reviewed 19 April 2011

They have a great burrito, meaty, cheesey, and well smothered, one of the bigger burritos that I have had. It is pretty large. I have not tried their Italian food. The atmosphere is clean, and the service was adequate and friendly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 1 September 2005

We arrived at Angie's around 1:40 in the afternoon, avoiding the lunch rush, and were seated immediately. The dining room was rather plainly arranged, with some not-very-cozy booths around the perimeter and tables in the center. There were some interesting touches, like the myriad antique radio sets displayed on a high shelf around the room, and what appeared to be old apartment or hotel room doors, with the numbers still affixed, lining one wall. Still, the atmosphere was akin to that of a cafeteria dining hall: light, spacious and square, but not very intimate. We were dismayed that the waitresses seemed to have no better place to gossip than just off to the side of the dessert case, in full view of customers.

Our waitress was prompt, but not very attentive. We asked for water to drink, but she rushed off to get it before we could ask her about any other beverage options. She returned a few minutes later, and when I asked her to detail the selection of beers on hand, she merely pointed at the cooler and named the bottles that she could see--their entire selection was not prominently displayed. I could see there were at least 4 other brands of beer hiding in the back rows, and when I asked the waitress about these, she acted confused, as though I was seeing things. So I walked myself over to the cooler, peered inside, and finally found an Italian variety I like. It was irksome to me that with no list to read and no display to see, the waitstaff wasn't better educated about their selection! She got the beer for me, but didn't offer a glass to pour it into, and didn't ask if I'd like another when I had finished. Nor did she ask my dining partner if she wanted anything to drink other than water.

Their menu consists of a rather standard assortment of Italian and Mexican-style dishes. We did take note of the fact that Angie's pastas and pizza dough are made on premises. We opted to share the fried ravioli for an appetizer. The plate holding six large ravioli arrived quickly enough, but we did not receive individual appetizer plates, which to us was an oversight. The home-made pasta pillows were hot and tasty, but seemed to have been less than fresh, and they were a bit over-fried. For our entrees, we chose the chicken parmigiano, and a pizza. Here again we had a bit of trouble with our waitress, as she had to ask us to repeat our order more than once, and then recited it back to us incorrectly! We corrected her, and the proper dishes arrived at our table in reasonable time. Upon delivery, they were placed on the table somewhat haphazardly, and our server rushed away without asking if we needed anything else. While both our meals were entirely edible, and far from poor quality, they simply weren't anything special. We concluded that each entree was "just OK". The pizza was hot, but the toppings weren't evenly distributed, and the crust had a bit of an "off" taste, as though it had been frozen and then thawed. The cheesy, breaded chicken parmesan also tasted as though it had been frozen, and wasn't tender and juicy throughout, but the accompanying spaghetti and marinara sauce qualified as totally decent. The noodles were neither overcooked nor drowning in marinara, but set neatly to the side of the plate, as they should be.

The $35 bill took us by surprise, as we expected to pay $20-$25 for our meals. We felt that it was altogether overpriced for the quality of the food, as well as the lackluster service we received, and the overall pedestrian nature of the establishment. That said, we acknowledge that our first visit was in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, and we can't assume that our less-than-ideal experience is the standard at Angie's.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2004

I've been going to Angie's for 14 years, as have most people in the Southwest Littleton area. The food is always great!

1  Thank betsfio

Been to Angie's Restaurant? Share your experiences!