“Slow service with a smile!”

Gunther Toody's Diner
Ranked #46 of 426 Restaurants in Littleton
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: Almost 30 years ago, a couple believed that they could generate the "diner" philosophy in Colorado. These energetic folks knew that a diner had to give the guest four things ; quality food, quality service, a welcoming and fun atmosphere and a clean environment. Thus the "diner philosophy" was put to the test. Back in the summer of 1986, the doors were opened to the first Gunther Toody's in Colorado Springs, CO. A small 100 seat diner came alive and brought with it the sights, sounds and feel of the 1950's and 60's. From the moment the doors opened, Gunther Toody's became an American classic. Gunther Toody's ventured into Denver. It was not long before there was a huge following for our fresh home cooked food and sassy energetic service, all presented in a fun 50's atmosphere. With 5 locations in Denver or Colorado Springs, Gunther Toody's has become the torch bearer for "diners".
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Frankly, I was disappointed. I had heard good thinks about breakfast at Gunther's. I sat at the counter to get quicker service. It took almost 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee, and 40 to get my eggs. The hash-browns were average, although the eggs were properly cooked, they seemed tasteless. I am not likely to go back..

There are newer reviews for Gunther Toody's Diner

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The atmosphere was great! Loved the decor! The food was so much better than I expected!!! I was expecting "diner" food and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and taste! DELICIOUS!! The prices were so reasonable too! The staff was wonderful, it was my kids birthday and the song and dance was so much fun for the kids! We will definitely return!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This theme restaurant is a fun change of pace and a value for the date night blues. Sometimes quirky, but never predictable.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Dropped in while I was in the area for business. Just myself. Come in and stood at the door for just a moment when I'm greeted by a very casual, upbeat man who reminds of old day dinners. Since I'm on business I have the privilege of asking for there recommendations and not having to pick for myself. So Fonz, my waiter, tells me hes got something on the menu hes been getting for years. Explained it and I went with it. The sandwhich was fantastic. I have no complaints at all with the visit, it was awesome, inviting, the staff was great and the food amazing. The staff was super prompt, making frequent checkups to make sure I was doing good. To top it off. My card isnt signed. So he did the correct thing, and askef for my ID. Burger was fantastic. Make sure to ask for the Fonz and his burger

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our twenty-something kids treated us to lunch at this diner. The decor is pretty catchy. I had fun looking at all the photos of times gone by. The waitresses are dressed to fit the theme.

The wait was a little longer than I expected, and the place wasn't busy, but the food was very good in my book. One of the best burgers I have had in quite awhile.

Would like to try breakfast sometime, as the menu for that was pretty extensive.

Would go back for sure.