“way over priced!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed 3 mights to attend a dog show in the area, there is so much mold growing in the shower you could plant a garden, the bathroom door was held together with a stained 2x4 because it had been broken, the plug would not work so I could not take a bath and relax, there is so much pigeon droppings outside it stinks and the outer doors had been kicked in so many times they could never be locked anyone could enter at any time of day or night even if they didnt stay there, I pay extra for having my pets and rightfully so but this place is so far below the $100.00 a night rate, this is the 4th time I have stayed here but it has gotten so bad not again.

Room Tip: unless you are used to camping outdoors dont stay here camping is cleaner.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great place for the money i spent. i stayed 2 nights there and didn't find anything to compaint about. The room was clean and bigger than i imagined. i was worried that it might be noisy since it was close to the freeway, but it wasn't bad at all. i definitely recommand to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I spent the night here while passing through longmont for a business seminat and the place was really clean and it was clear that the room was maintained. I also had the chance to speak with the front desk employee and some of the maids and they were all really friendly and gave me extra towels when I asked.

Even though I only stayed for a few nights, their breakfast was really convenient; definitely a good bang for your buck.

Oh, they also gave me a a military discount which really took me for surprise! It never hurts to ask! Stop by, this place is worth it!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel doesn't even deserve a single star. Worst hotel I have ever been to. They charge $75 dollars a night for a room plus a $20 dollar deposit that you get back when you check out in the morning. Anyways, the the first night went fairly smooth other than the late night shift employee at the front desk when he started commenting on a few cuts on my knuckles from a dirtbike accident that took place two days before. He assumed I had just gotten into a fight! This guy had the guts to tell me to my face "You better not be doing any of that here"(hinting at fist fighting). I responded calmly, explaining to him that I was in a serious motocross accident a few days earlier and I am not a violent person anyways. I was baffled that he would say something so ignorant when I had been nothing but nice and respectful to him and all I wanted was to get some sleep. Just to add onto that, I stayed a second night, so i walked to the front desk and payed the 90 dollars expecting to get the 20 dollar deposit back (just like the night before). But when I went to the front desk to pick up my 20 dollars, the lady REFUSED to give me it, saying she had changed the price overnight and tried to tell me that my signature on a slip means I don't get my deposit back. I simply couldn't believe it. After respectfully disagreeing and going back and forth she threatened to call the police on me and went on to say that she "had it in with the cops". She did this all while laughing at my girlfriend and I with a smirk on her face. I have never felt so discriminated in my life. I didn't even do a single illegal thing. I kept both rooms in pristine condition. To put it simply, the dark haired "manager" (or so she calls herself) at the front desk is a thief. I ended up calling the Weld County Police to see if they could help or do anything about it. The officer told me it was a civil dispute and he couldn't do anything about it. Maybe it's because I'm being profiled as an incompetent teenager, but honestly, no one should have to go though that nonsense. Staying the night in your car would be more enjoyable and less hostile than dealing with this place. God help that lady.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryder J
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Unlike the other reviewers, I never felt "unsafe". Yes the back door is not secured but you can use the security locks in the room. I also believe that when reservations are made, you can see that it is right off the freeway so if that matters to you, don't book there. The room could have used a little deep cleaning. If you are going to have a pool, it should be open ALL: the time. It was reasonably priced, well located for our needs, and the staff was friendly and polite. My one big complaint....YOU NEED NEW PILLOWS. It was like sleeping on a rock. We will stay here again if the need arises. We did not eat the breakfast so I cannot comment on it.
Suggestion: if you moved your smoking rooms to the 2nd floor and really cleaned the 1st floor rooms, it might alleviate some of the smoke smell.

Room Tip: Even number rooms would be quieter because they are on the opposite side from the truck stop and the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Checked in late night, overnight Manager was drunk, and not friendly. Went downhill from there. Corners not vacuumed in at least 25 years, drapes filthy. Noisy Truck Stop next door, Diesel engines running all night. Could not imagine an extended stay, one night was more than enough.

Room Tip: Spent the next night across the street, it was worth the few extra bucks
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 351RGB351
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine came to town needed a place to stay for the night. This motel is good if you just need a place to lay your head. Rooms recently renovated. But the pool and hot tub are drained and the pool area are trashed. They have signs posted about spitting... Not a great place, ok in a pinch.
Located off main hwy, so easy access but again ok for an overnight while driving through.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jenna C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longmont
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
Comfort Suites Longmont
#3 of 3 in Firestone
Holiday Inn Express Longmont
Courtyard Boulder Longmont

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!