“Good but spendy...”

Longmont Public House
Ranked #51 of 315 Restaurants in Longmont
Description: When a fine dining Chef decides to take the edge off and open a classic Public House: For years, I have worked and thrived in fine dining restaurants, and during the last few years I knew I wanted to open my own place. I dreamed of a restaurant that combined all the types and styles of food & beverage, as well as overall restaurant brands that I frequented the most - restaurants and pubs that provided excellence in consistency and quality at a fair price based on the overall experience and environment. I knew I couldn't' let go of all the detail and intensity of running a fine dining restaurant, such as my love of the freshest product available, carefully cared for local ingredients and an educated staff to execute my service vision. I wanted to keep the things I liked about fine dining (service excellence, outstanding food quality, specialty cocktails, local craft beer, a thoughtful wine list, etc.) and dump all the stuffiness of fine dining; reservations, stiff, coarse service and
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for late lunch, four tables running, were given menues marked dinner. Large open venue with nice bar area. Nice staff, quick kitchen. Mushroom burger was large and good, salad was good. Pilsner from a can in a glass. Out the door for $50...

Jerome B, Owner at Longmont Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank for taking the time to share your feedback, DrBeenThere. Sorry about the menu mix up. Sounds like we got it straightened out and the right food in your hands. Cheers!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Came here early on a Friday evening. Three of us in the party and we were seated right away. When looking at the menu, I was excited about the choices! We ordered three bottles of beer and two appetizers to start. 30 minutes later, we still only had our, now empty, glasses of water. Our waiter never returned with more water or our bottles of beer. The people next to us, with little kids, said they had been waiting 40 minutes for their food. We left without anyone even noticing.

With all of the restaurants in Longmont that want to be successful, this place won't last.

If you just want water, this is a great place to go!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

My wife and I had dinner here which included a ceasar salad, reuben with truffle fries and toffee cake for dessert. It was all very good. We got it take out so I can't comment on the service but takeout service was fine. The portions were big enough for us to split everything. The bill for these 3 items was $34 which was a little much overall.

Jerome B, Owner at Longmont Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Steve, thank you for giving us a try and sharing your feedback. We're confident that our menu pricing is in line with other comparable options in Longmont, especially considering that some of our portions are big enough to split as you pointed out. Cheers!

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Came here with a group of 8 girls Friday night (4 of whom were celebrating birthdays). I was able to make a reservation with the owner even though they don’t normally take them. But when we got there, the hostesses didn’t know anything about it. Restaurant was way too cold. We asked if they could turn it up but they weren’t very helpful with that. Food was great even though service was slow. Waitress didn’t even offer any birthday dessert despite 4 of us having birthdays.
Food was so good I brought the family back the next night. Sat outside which was lovely and the family enjoyed the food but again the service was really slow. The waiter brought us the wrong check and then charged my card for a different/higher amount which I’m not even sure if that was the correct amount. Then he disappeared so
I wasn’t even able to find him to bring this to his attention.
I’d still go back because the food was so good but they REALLY need to work on improving their service.

Jerome B, Owner at Longmont Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Adrienne, thank you so much for this very detailed review of your most recent visit to our restaurant. We're delighted that you enjoyed our food and disappointed that we dropped the ball with the service. I take any criticism of the restaurant very seriously and will be sharing this review at our next team meeting. In the meantime I'd like to take care of you should you decide to visit again. Please reach out to our Marketing Director (chad@conecto.co) and he will make arrangments with you to have a gift card set aside at the hostess stand. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience and hope to see you back again. Cheers!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since it opened, but feel like they need to re-focus on providing a quality dining experience. Our waiter seemed high or drunk and was terrible in every way possible. Coincidentally, I mentioned our experience to a friend who had the exact same waiter and had the same remarkably bad service. The menu is getting a little tired and in need of a few stand outs and some exciting specials, in my opinion. Fire the wasted waiter, I’ll come back again and give it another chance.

Jerome B, Owner at Longmont Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Brenda, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and offering us some very good constructive feedback. I would really like to personally hear from you regarding the wait staff (jerome@longmontpublichouse.com). The bright side here is we will be introducing a new menu and layout in the next few weeks.