“Some good...some bad...”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had to try Georgia Boys after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. I followed my GPS into what appeared to be an older industrial area with a few old houses and found the place. I parked and went in to find a carry out counter and a side room with too very large tables. There was someone at one table and a family entered just before me and they sat at the other table so I ordered to go. The counter lady was very friendly and helpful. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and patatoe salad as a side order. The counter lady gave me two cups to fill with BBQ sauce. I tried and took the Jack sauce which was a little spicy but not overpowering. I took my food back home and when I opened the sandwich I found a good portion of lean meat but it wasn't cooked in any sauce so I poured my cups of sauce on the sandwich. It was good but not great. Then I tried the patatoe salad. I think it had some meat mixed in. I didn't care for the combination and if it wasn't meat I don't want to know what it was. I would never ever order the patatoe salad again. The cost for the sandwich and side was about $9. All in all the food was just average and I don't understand the rave reviews. I will probably try someplace else the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Delicious barbecue, either to pick up or eat on a picnic table outside. Call early for the best selection of menu items, because some items can sell out before the night is over!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having enjoyed South Carolina, Georgia, and Texas BBQ over the years, it was good to discover that some very, very good Southern BBQ was finally available in Longmont, Colorado. The meat is well cooked with a tangy home-made tomato-based sauce that goes well on a sandwich or a platter of meat. Dine in or take-out. These guys are the best I found in Colorado.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went to Georgia Boys this past weekend and got a pound of brisket and pulled pork to go. We were offered cups for sauce, which we happily accepted and got a couple of each kind (they have 4 different flavors). Loved the Black Jack sauce and it was the perfect complement to the melt in your mouth brisket and pulled pork - so tender with a great, smoky flavor. We didn't get any sides or desserts but saw a few go by as we were waiting and they all looked really good, especially the mac and cheese. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've enjoyed KTs for years. Georgia Boys blew right past them in the race for the best BBQ in the area. The people at Georgia Boys work really hard, and the quality of their food shows. The ribs are worth a drive across town. The pulled pork is worth a drive across the county. And the bread pudding will make you smile in your sleep.
It's a BBQ joint. They don't have a wine list. Or wine. There is scant room to eat inside, and a few picnic tables outside. You won't care.
They will deliver, when a driver is available.
This place is a gem. Go there. You will not be disappointed.