“Sashimi was still frozen!”

East Moon Asian Bistro
Ranked #134 of 315 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We have dined there a few times and never been impressed. The final stra was the last time we ate there the sashimi was served to us and was still frozen on the inside. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We have some favorites from East Moon, and it perhaps not surprising that a sushi restaurant seems to be strongest with fish dishes. The sushi rolls are generally great and I love the fish filets in black bean sauce. Not-so-great are the tofu dishes, which tend to be heavily breaded, and the pad thai, which was strangely like spaghetti in tomato sauce and lacked any lime, cilantro, or peanuts. If you get delivery on the weekend they often forget components of the order. We keep going back because the things they do well they do really well.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

The food is always a joy to eat. They make it well every time. I even took someone that is not an Asian food freak, and they were very happy. The people are attentive and helpful. It is a charming restaraunt.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Great food, great service and good atmosphere. This gem is on Main St. yet is a hidden away off of the Main St. busyness. A word of caution, if you are looking for genuine Thai or Vietnamese or other Asian foods, this may not be for you. This is Americanized Asian fusion... meaning having eaten Vietnamese food for years, I was disappointed with what I got when I ordered something labeled as Vietnamese.
However, it is important to note that what I did get was very tasty, inventive and the portions were large and filling. We needed a box to take it home. The atmosphere was beautiful and the service friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

I came here with my partner for a late lunch the other day. We were very thankful that they were open at 3pm, as most places are closed in Longmont 3-5pm between lunch and dinner. We ordered an avocado salad, hot and sour soups, and vegetarian peanut sauce dish. The soup and salad were lack-luster, but not bad. The tofu peanut sauce dish was pretty bad. We ate it because we were starving, but we probably will never eat there again because of it. The tofu was in a hard, fried shell and was mush on the inside. The sauce was a bright orange. The taste wasn't horrific, just not good. If it was the food alone, I would rate this 2 stars, but the ambiance was really nice and it was a pleasant dining experience. The service was great, the restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. I will never return though...