“Food was just okay”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have ordered take-out from China Panda a few times. The food was okay. I am very picky about Chinese food. It just seemed bland.

There are newer reviews for China Panda Restaurant

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I am originally from the east coast and have lived in Colorado for 17 years. There are just some things that aren't the same out here in the west... Not saying that one is better than the other - I am simply stating a fact. One of those things is Chinese food. To my taste, east coast Chinese food is, well... just like the east coast- a little less formal, a little rough and crude, maybe the resturant is a little less than put together... more of a hole in the wall type spot than a dinning experience. I like to think that the focus for this type place is on the food. It isn't traditional nor trendy - it's just solid Americanized Chinese food - fills you up - taste awesome with its fried / sautéed salty goodness and most importantly - is fantastic as a microwaved left over!!! I am here to tell you - left over Chinese food that isn't just as good or better a day later ISN'T east coast - Americanized - Chinese food. Some of my picks : Classic spare ribs - awesome! Cheese wontons - to die for... fried rice that I would put up against any NY or DC take out joint... I don't know what they do or put on it but it has a smokey-fried in loveliness that I can even enjoy it made with chicken (as my Mrs. prefers rather than the time tested classic pork fried rice- dang - just had dinner and my mouth is watering) - main courses : the egg foo yung is fooking fantastic - the shrimp chow mein with crispy noodles brings me back to every other Friday night growing up - (it was Chinese food night - alternating with pizza night of course.) the lo mein has never been my one favorite dishes but anyone I know who has tried it thinks its tops. All the old favorites are on the menu - general tsao, sweet & sour, egg rolls, etc. If you are from the east coast or have ever had Chinese food out there you will love this place- it's a strong go to if you need to feed yourself or have some deliciousness for a party - or work lunch. Go get some... And get a little extra so you have left overs.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Their food is terrible. I had pad thai and I think it was made with mostly ketchup. Service was bad too. I would never go here again.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This is one of my favorite Americanized Chinese Restaurants in the area. When we come visit we are always greeted with a smile and shown quickly to the table. I've eaten here both for lunch and for dinner and have never been overwhelmed by noise which I appreciate. Don't know what kind of white rice they use but I do enjoy it a lot. Very tasty. I always order the Veggie Tofu and have never been disappointed. I love coming into the old hotel to enjoy food at China Panda. The atmosphere is completely unique and the food is yummy.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Sort of hard to find, interesting building, not bad food, and ok service. Hard to find really good Chinese food in Longmont this place is not the worst.