“Always back for more!”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
“Always back for more!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

IF you're in Boulder, it's worth the 15-20 drive north on the CO-121 to get to Longmont. Their sushi is simply delicious. Every bite is worth every penny. We come here often, as locals we appreciate the sincerity and simplicity of Chef Toyo Koo's sushi. Anytime we come, they're always always always so gracious, and kind to all their guests. Highly recommend the smoked salmon, the unagi rolls, and anything you order or take off the conveyor belt.

• Visited April 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Didn't Live Up to Expectations”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant on May 31, 2013. We took our kids age 4 and 7. We sat at the bar so the conveyer would be right there. The wait person that seated us was very pleasant and happy.

We've had conveyer sushi before and looked forward to trying many things. Unfortunately, many of the items we wanted were not replenished quickly and we spent a lot of time watching food go round and round. I finally had to order a few items that had been empty for a while. We also had times when items were mislabeled and we ended up with things we didn't want but we'd taken the plate and couldn't put it back. My husband ordered a spider hand roll and it took quite a while to get it and it was $6 for one hand roll. I had a shrimp tempura roll that you could tell had been there a while because the rice and shrimp were room temperature. The basic California roll didn't have much flavor. Several rolls had a spicy red sauce over them meaning if you didn't like spicy foods, that roll was out of the question for you.

They have plates on the wall so you can see what each color plate equates to in price. We didn't see a single $1 plate. There was one $2 plate. Most basic items were $4 and you got three pieces. $4 for three pieces of bland California roll? Not a good value. Dinner came to $101 for our family of four. Not a good value AT ALL!

We ordered chicken katsu for the kids and they liked it except for the sauce that comes with it. It was too strong. Like a thick pasty bar b q sauce.

I doubt we'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MileHighGirl
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Best sushi in Colorado!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place was beyond awesome...in fact, we just left there 30 minutes ago and I was so excited to share my review. We were originally going to another sushi place that we've been to, but it wasn't open yet, so we tried this instead. We will go here from now on! The food is served conveyor belt style which adds for quick service and each piece was prepared perfectly. A lot of new combinations we've never had, too which was super cool. And the staff and owner were exceptional.
Try it if you're in town.

• Visited May 2013
Erie, Colorado, United States
“Mmmmmmm Fooooood”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Sushi Kaiten is a interesting place, very small in which I don't like. They really should expand some how. Johns technique with fish is amazing. But for the price it's not really worth as much as what they have listed. They have BLUE FIN TUNA, The first place I have ever had blue fin and I can't find it anywhere else except Hana in Louisville. It is amazing to try it. Also if you love pork, try their Kalua pork, made with there style of bbq sauce. It is to die for.

• Visited August 2012
Denver, Colorado
“This is seriously good Sushi...”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We've just moved to Longmont after spending 15-years in Asia. I have been to Japan maybe 30+ times and would like to think I know the difference between good and bad Sushi. The quality at Sushi Kaiten is very very good, excellent tuna, excellent salmon (try their own in house smoked salmon, it is mouth wateringly good). I dont agree with any of the negative reviews on here because I have eaten here at least 6 times, with and without my family and we have always been impressed with the service (Doug, one of the the waiters is a great Ambassador, extremely knowledgeable and a wonderful host). The owners, John and Monica - as far as I can tell, are extremely diligent and caring. The range on the menu is excellent and I don't think the pricing is ambiguous nor over the top.

Those who think there is a better sushi restaurant in Longmont, need to get out more. It certainly isnt Sushi Leo and it certainly isnt Sakura (eaten at both).

We've made Sushi Kaiten the restaurant we go to weekly, we like it that much.

• Visited March 2013