“Elegant and relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 4 Longmont B&B and Inns
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Elegant and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just stayed at the Thompson House Inn and Cee, our hostess, was gracious and welcoming. Breakfasts were wonderful, our room (Foxy's Den) was very comfortable. There are a few really wonderful restaurants (Lucille's for outstanding breakfast and Tortuga's for Cajun/Mediterranean lunch or dinner) within walking distance, and Boulder is a short drive away. The other guests were all quite friendly. All in all, a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeggyandKevin

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Found The THI on Trip Advisor. We arrived late at night and Cee had made special arrangements to have our rooms ready and specific location for a key. She had written us a note, had both rooms ready and cookies in our room, which was a nice touch after a day of travel.
We used the THI as a base for a wedding in Lyons and it was the perfect location.
We felt the inn was perfectly decorated, especially with all the Christmas decorations. Our room was very nice and cozy (Foxy's Den) and our daughter really liked her room (the Royal Room) even commenting it felt like a storybook. Breakfast was very nice and made it easy on us to get our day started.
If you are staying in Longmont, skip the national chain hotels and try the THI. We can easily recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ericksonpa
Anaheim, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

I've stayed at this B&B several times over the years. I live in CA and work for a company who's headquartered in Longmont, CO. I wouldn't even think of staying in a standard hotel when I visit Longmont! I love this place! I hadn't been to Longmont in years but recently stayed there in December, 2007. Although the ownership had changed since my last stay, the new owner is very, very nice and my recent stay was as good as I remembered.

First, the place looks like a postcard. I uploaded some pictures and I think you'll agree. The house is decorated beautifully and you just get a warm feeling when you come inside. (Especially on this trip because it was about 11 degrees outside!) My wife and I stayed in Kitty's Korner which used to be called the Rose Room. It has a "rose" theme and I had stayed in this room before. Having not visited this B&B for several years, I noticed right away what an outstanding job the owner has done maintaining the inn. When we arrived, the owner asked when we would like breakfast. There was no set time and this adds to the relaxed atmosphere.

Now for the food... The new owner is a fantastic cook and the presentation was awesome. We had something different every day. The first day, we had eggs and ham which were served in these cool looking white chicken plates/bowls that had these chicken shaped covers. After breakfast, the owner came out and asked how we liked it. She said she likes to get an idea of what we like so she can plan what to cook for our stay. How cool is that?!? After the first day, the main course got more interesting. I remember some type of apple bacon quiche which was very good. I can't remember what I had every day but I remember it tasted great! Every day breakfast was served with coffee, juice, fruit, some type of bread, etc. It's hard for me to describe, but the setting and presentation was very fancy but I still felt at home. A couple of the days, we sat with other guests. This is actually very cool because you get to meet and talk to new people. Everyone we met was very nice.

The only issue I had with our stay was the gas fire place. You use it to heat the room. However, there doesn't seem to be a thermostat. When it got cold, I would turn on the fire place and fall asleep. I would wake up and the room would be hot! I didn't mention it to the owner and there might have been a way to control the heat. Overall, a minor issue...

Hmmm... what else can be said? The inn has WiFi access. The Rose Room is very romantic. There was a desk where I could setup my laptop and work. There's a great restaurant right next door. I didn't get a chance to eat there on this trip but I've eaten there 3 or 4 times on previous trips. It's call Martini's Bistro. It used to be called Chrisar's. If you're ever in Longmont, I highly recommend this place!

• Liked — Very relaxing... My stay added years to my life!
  • Disliked — Couldn't control the heat on the fire place!
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank atomicdawg
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2003

Some of the nicest people I have met. Beautiful area.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member