“A wonderful place!”
Review of Riverview RV Park

Riverview RV Park
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I was initially unsure about whether or not to stay at this location for our 10 day softball trip since it was hit so heavily by the flood in September 2013. I had made preparations for other accommodations, however when I called I was assured that everything would be in working order for our stay. I am SO happy that we stayed at Riverview! We camped in our 5th wheel along with two other families that also brought their campers: sites 44, 45 & 46. The WIFI worked great for us since we were so close to the office I believe, but it was a little spotty elsewhere. The laundry & restroom/shower facilities were very near where we were camped. It made things very convenient for us especially since we had softball uniforms to wash everyday. The sites were pretty close together, however we never felt cramped because we had a very large open area behind us in our loop which we used as our gathering place. It was nice that we could actually sit around a campfire every night. Most places in the area do not have fire rings or allow campfires. This place definitely has more of a campground feel to it as opposed to concrete RV park. To each their own, but I definitely prefer campground. The pavilion area was wonderful! We rented it one evening for a team cookout. It has a large sand volleyball court, basketball goal, lots of playground equipment, and tons of open area. It is very evident that they are very proud of this campground and work very hard to keep this place in great shape. This place is cleaned continuously! The staff works very hard & it shows. Speaking of the staff, these people are awesome. I spoke to several very patient, sweet women in the office - Nancy, Jan, Cathy & DeeDee. Amazing customer service...they had answers to all my millions of questions that I called about prior to our stay & never once made me feel like a nuisance. DeeDee, thank you so much for going above & beyond and for being so sweet and helpful!! Zack, thank you for your recommendation to hike Alberta falls - we loved it! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank charmill

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Every campground has its quirks, but here the good outweigh the bad. My husband and I stayed two nights on the river in a tent. It was wonderful! Our dog enjoyed the river almost as much as we did! Yes, the shower heads are short, but the bathrooms are clean and roomy. The RVs looked a bit cramped in areas, so I am glad we had a tent site. Its also close to just about everything in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Erin H
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The first RV spot we were put in (#56) was terrible. We had two campers adjoining us on the passenger side, one of which shared our miniscule green space, a camper behind us and one on the drivers side. The office asked (as many places do) the year model of our rig but once we looked around we could not figure out why as there was everything here from 20+ year old permanent trailers to tents to newer RV models.

We went back to the office and told the very nice young woman at the desk that if they could not move us to a better site the next day we would be leaving. She was extremely accommodating and graciously moved us the next day to a site on the river with a small wooden deck, table and chairs. The river sites were nice, but very tightly packed and spendy. Plus, despite being near a Verizon repeater we were unable to get service unless we were sitting directly under said repeater and even then we never got 3G. No free WiFi.

The main bathroom was okay, the south one was a hodge podge mix of "styles", looking much like a cabin that was converted with an obviously cheap plastic shower stall. The water hit my husband about mid-chest (he is 5'11") and he quickly ran out of hot water.

We probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We camped in one of the cabins along with relatives who stayed in their 5th wheel trailer. The campground is average although a bit on the dusty side (dirt roads and unpaved rv sites). The cabin was pricey at $80 per night. It was outfitted with a flushing toilet and a sink. The cabin had a loft with ladder and a lip of approximately 8" high. It scared me to allow my three small children up there. The two twin sets of bunks left much to be desired. There was absolutely no railing to keep the kids in the beds. My 3 year old and I slept on the bottom bunk. My husband and my two other children (ages 7 & 8) slept in the loft. It was SMOKEY! I'm a tent camper, so I'm used to campfires and smoke. The odor was so strong it was as if someone lit a fire inside the cabin with the windows and doors shut. My only other complaint is the every time someone rolled over we heard every creak and crack. It was decent for being a bare bones cabin, but way over priced in my opinion. It's probably closer to a $30 per night value. If visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park, I might try the KOA in Estes park. In a quick drive by it looked much better.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank ImaMomof3California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location. We rented the deluxe cabin. It was directly on the river. Tiny accommodations, but clean, cool at night, and comfortable. Grill, firepit and nice deck right next to the river. Not the Ritz, but it made for great family time in the outdoors. Very quiet campground even though it was full. No problems at all with the front desk even when I changed our reservation. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe cabin
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelelovesvaca
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Besides being an unimproved mud hole, the owners are about the most incompetent I have dealt with. This is twice now that our reservations did not exist when we arrived. Last time they swore they gave the site to someone that had my name. This time the "trainee" made an error, and after confirming twice in advance - we were left homeless with a birthday grandson and out of town great grandparents. The offered some spread apart sites at a "discounted" rate for 1 night, with no guarantee an more nights were available. I guess if they offered free return trips I wouldn't have gone anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank redwood_14
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We had a premium spot which had a great deck overlooking the Big Thompson. There were 4 chairs and a table, great trees, clean restrooms. No cell service at all. the only real negative was the cotton woods were "shedding" and parts of the day seemed like it was snowing. But cant blame the park on that one. We enjoyed a wonderful all you can eat breakfast on Saturday morning sponsored by the local Kiwanis. Great place to come back to after spending all day in the Rocky Mtn Natl Park

• Stayed: June 2013