“Used to be a favorite”

Olde Course at Loveland
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole Bent grass course with water in play features six ponds that define the layout and tree-lined fairways leading to small, tight greens.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Used to be a favorite”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was always one of my husbands favorite courses to play. It is a beautiful course with good rates but unfortunately won't be returning. Yesterday I went with him to walk along while he golfed. I have done this a lot of times at this course as well as many others. With 2 holes left, the ranger pulled up very rudely asking me if I had signed a waiver. I have never been asked to sign a waiver in all of the times of walking along with him. I do understand this policy, and would have been happy to sign this waiver. So when we asked if he brought one along with him for me to sign, he laughed rudely and said no, I would need to walk all the way back to clubhouse and sign one, then walk all the way back to meet up with my husband. This seems to go against what the "waiver" is about. The dangers of walking the course. Our other option was leaving which we decided to do. I think that it was very rude of this ranger, he could have brought me the waiver, I would have happily signed it and known from now on this is what I need to do. We were just paying customers looking to enjoy a beautiful day on the course, but won't be doing it here anymore.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Strongs

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Classic old golf course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

New golf courses today seem designed to maximize the number of expensive house lots that can border every fairway. By contrast, the Olde Course was built in a time when most fairways abutted other fairways and open spaces. The result is a great scenic older golf course with a nice open layout. The course has plenty of large mature trees and just enough lakes, gentle hills, and sloping fairways to make it very interesting and enjoyable. With the coming of Mariana Butte, the Olde Course has been demoted in the eyes if many to "homely little sister" status. In truth, the Old Course still offers beauty and challenge with fewer crowds and fewer dollars needed to play.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of the best courses in Northern Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

A very good and well maintained 18 hole course that is over 50 years old. Mature tree lined fairways with a few dog leg holes. They don't make them like these anymore!!! This course will challenge you and you get to use every club in your bag.

Visited March 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Challenging & Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Loveland, like Fort Collins, has some great public courses to choose from and The Olde Course is no exception. It has a great reputation amongst locals, is well maintained, and both challenging and fun. The clubhouse/restaurant areas are not that great, but suffice. If looking for more scenery, then you may prefer nearby Mariana Butte.

Loveland, Colo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Golf in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Three Golf courses in one area , 18 holes, 9 holes and the new SNAG course, beautiful and great prices. They have an excellent staff.

Visited October 2012