“Serene, beautiful, amazing...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loveland
Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were married at Sylvan Dale last year. Having returned on our "almost one year anniversary" we remembered why we chose Sylvan Dale for one of the most important days of our lives. This ranch is so beautiful, so serene and romantic. Whether you want to take a leisurely stroll around the beautiful ranch, sit on the Big Thompson River and watch the sunset, lie in a hammock and daydream, take a horseback ride, or any number of relaxing things...Sylvan Dale is there to deliver! The sweetheart cabins are very warm and inviting. Complete with living room, fireplace that's ready to light, microwave and refrigerator, sink, and comfortable sleeping room. Whatever the season, these cabins would be a quiet, comfortable retreat. The breakfast in the morning is wonderful! With very accommodating, friendly staff, it's a great way to start your morning whether dining in the spacious dining room or outside overlooking the river. We had a wonderful stay and plan to make Sylvan Dale our anniversary tradition. Thank you Sylvan Dale for all you do!

Room Tip: The cabins don't have drinking glasses or utensils - just a coffee pot and paper coffee cups. I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mags0614

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I just returned from taking my nieces to Sylvan Dale for a week. They were crying when we left. The staff is excellent, and they have activities for every age and interest. The horses are extremely well trained. They have horses for every level of rider. The ranch is absolutely spotless, well manicured and taken care of. It is a great place to go with your family.....no TV, no distractions, just good fun for all. The owners were everywhere it seemed. They are extemely hands on. Most of the guests I met when I was there were RETURN GUESTS, many for over 6 years straight. One for 25 years! This place rocks!

Room Tip: The cabins are located down by the pool, but the Wagon Wheel is cheaper and closer to the horses.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SeanNorthPalmBeach
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My daughter and I visited Sylvan Dale Ranch in June, for an afternoon advanced ride. Every person we met was friendly and helpful. We completed an assessment first to determine if we could do an advanced ride, as my daughter loves adventure and wanted to lope a little! We had two guides, Slim and another excellent female guide who took us up the mountain, through the meadows and along the mesa. They allowed my daughter time to lope through the meadows, which just made her week!!! They were supportive and encouraging, while ensuring the safety of both of us. It was a great trip for two hours, and my daughter could have gone on for another two hours. Beautiful views, relaxing time, experienced staff! Would visit again!

Room Tip: We did not book a room because the ranch was full on this day.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I booked this trip for my Birthday weekend May 19 expecting to have some fun and enjoy the scenery and wilderness. We were maybe one of two couples there, the pool was closed until next weekend and there was no group activities. I was expecting a camp fire, fishing, etc. The fishing is VERY costly - an hourly fee to fish, a fee for equipment, a fee for each fish caught(which you have to keep and cannot release). The cabin was very nice (no TV) and the dinner delivered to the room was nice. Not much going on here. Was expecting a little bit of ACTIVITY to be included in the nightly price for the cabin. No ice in the ice machine, no blow dryer. If you are looking for a quiet time in the woods, this is for you.

Room Tip: Book a room that is creek facing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank budrow02
sylvandaleranch, Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We're sorry that you were disappointed in the amount of activities available during your stay. We invite you to come back sometime when we are in full swing. Our full program Dude Ranch begins June 16 through August 17 and provides evening and well as daytime activities. You would also enjoy our "Adults Only" week (August 18-24)--the best of Sylvan Dale but without kids!

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your cabin and catered dinner and for recommending us to those who are looking for a more laid back less active stay. We look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My daughter and I spent a day here and went out on a wonderful ride with one of the Wranglers. I was a little concerned about the trail being so high up and was reassured by our Wrangler that the horse was very surefooted and would not put either himself or me at risk. I can honesly say that even though I hadn't ridden for a good few years, it was such a fabulous trek that I forgot my fears and just enjoyed the views and the history lesson that ensued by our very knowlegable Wrangler.

Definitely very good value for a whole day's trekking and will return next time we are in Colorado

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is a great place to ride, the horses are very well trained and actually do what you "ask" them. Which is not that easy to find these days. (Not in my opinion anyway, lol.) I know people who have stayed there, and had such a good time, they said they are going back as soon as they could. The people that work at Sylvan Dale will help you with whatever you need. They are truly nice, caring folks who want you to have fun. The views on your rides are outstandingly beautiful. I have been to a lot of ranches, cause I really love horses and riding. This one is the best. No doubt. If you stay overnight for one of the great vacation packages, the food is also excellent. Have fun! Mary R.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Had an amazing time on the Ranch for my Cousins wedding. The food was great the. lodge was amazing, and all the staff were very friendly. I hope to get up there again soon hopefully in the summer. What a beautiful place. If anyone gets the chance to spend some time here I am sure you will have an amazing time.

Thank you!

Room Tip: All the cabins are amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
My Place Hotel - Loveland, CO
Deer Crest Resort
Deer Crest Resort
#10 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!