“Best of the Best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loveland
Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch
Michigan
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

As repeat guests to Sylvan Dale Ranch this review is to inform families or anyone thinking of going that there is no place like SDR . The valley is beautiful & the ranch is first class in every way . The food is excellent & there is a great variety freshly prepared meals. The other very key characteristic @ SDR is the quality of the horses . They breed & train on site . The horses are very carefully trained & selected & matched to each guest skills & size . The horses are never over worked . Actually the staff is almost obsessive about keeping the horses fresh & happy .
What makes a ranch vacation is the staff & Susan the owner is extremely focused on quality of guest experience & comfort of each guest . This is a wonderful place for children & they are welcomed with open arms & many activities throughout the day . I am not a rider except for the breakfast ride 1 time per week . Up in the hills for a fresh cooked cowboy breakfast with all the guests who want to come .
In conclusion , not cheap but worth every penny , this will be our 4th summer & we are going on ranch week where the kids get to interact with the livestock & do chores . My daughter talks all year about the home made ice cream we hand crank at the soft ball game .
I am a veteran traveler with 4 million + actual FF miles in 30 + years of business travel & this week at SDR is always the best experience of the year for us . Gerry

Room Tip: Size the cabin to your family
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank gman56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

My best friend and I shared a one bedroom cabin, "baby doe" for 5 nights in mid October to enjoy a girls riding and chilling trip. It had been recommended to us by my friend's work colleague and we were not disappointed. The stables at the ranch provided us with perfect horses which we were able to ride for all 3 half day rides. The 2 wranglers who looked after us jodie and melissa were friendly fun and knowledgeable. The rides were spectacular and they accommodated our request to "lope". The staff at sylvandale are amazing, from the wranglers to the breakfast waitresses, nothing was too much trouble. When we mentioned to Melissa that we had no sticks to toast our s'mores, we were later greeted by staff bearing extra firewood and sticks! The owner susan even came out in her PJs the night we arrived, late, to show us to our cabin. The rooms were clean and comfortable, my friend told me even the bed settee in the lounge area was comfy. There was a microwave, fridge and a sink in a small kitchenette area, which could have more crockery and cutlery but a minor issue. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and cooked to order hot dish which changed each day. I was disappointed pancakes weren't on the menu every day but that's me! We were there end of season and were so lucky with the weather, it could have been snowing, but we were able to chill in the hammocks by the roaring river and stroll along the banks in the sun. There are loads of "team building" corporate type facilities available, and high season when the pool, tennis courts and hot tub are in full use might be quite hectic, but we loved the peace and tranquility. The style of the place is designed to be authentic ranch style which to modern English tastes might seem a bit twee or kitsch but that's not a criticism. It's not too far from Denver airport, we hired a car and got there in about an hour and had no trouble finding it although in the dark we just couldn't find our cabin! Definitely recommend this place, great for reunions, family get togethers and corporate events.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jettyCheshire
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

My very dear friend & I have been pen pals for 17 yrs. Had always talked about meeting. We started researching girlfriend getaways and after months of narrowing down places to go, we kept coming back to this wonderful ranch. We decided THIS is it.. THIS is the place!
We went for their Cowgirl Roundup which is held twice a year; Spring and Fall.
A group of women only (about 18-20) Mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, co-workers...
I can't even begin to put into words how incredibly AWESOME this ranch is!!!
Everything about it is wonderful!! The ranch, the horses, the food, the sites/settings, cabins...
But it's the staff and owners of Sylvan Dale who blew me away.. They truly are the BEST of the BEST.. They are all so warm and friendly.
We had the side by side cabins, so clean & cozy. The dining room is rustic and the food was devine. The grounds are simply gorgeous.
We had plenty activities to choose from..plenty of riding, breakfast rides, lunch rides..mare & foal care, team penning, poker run ride to name a few. There's plenty more to do, I suggest looking @ their website.
We had the time of our lives!!! It truly was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced.. I'd LOVE to go back some day.
About an hour from Denver, airport has shuttle; which can be booked through a link on Sylvandales website.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tom-N-Jeanine
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We did not stay at the ranch facilities but just went for a morning for a trail ride. I noticed from their website that they own their own string of horses vs leasing them. This is important to me. I called the day prior and they were able to accommodate us. It was just my husband and I and our wonderful guide Melissa. Melissa made the ride even better. The horses were perfect for us and carefully navigated their way up hills and over rocky terrain. The views were awesome. I was a great time and I came away thoroughly happy and content.

We plan to stay at the ranch in the future, it looks to be a great place for family get togethers.

We met the owner, Susan, just before we left and had a quick and enjoyable chat.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill T
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

This summer my 9 yr. old son and I decided to go on an adventure at the SylvanDale Ranch. We could not have picked a better spot or ranch to visit. The staff was very friendly as well as the guests that were there during 4th of July week. My son had limited experience on horseback but was very eager to meet his horse and start learning how to ride better. The horses were very well trained and responsive to all types of riders. The trail rides were awesome. I loved the cattle drive and the team sorting activities. My son made friends instantly and had fun every day of our stay. We also loved the food that was served (breakfast, lunch & dinner) He has shown his slide show to all of his friends in OH and wants them to come back next year with him. We are trying to convince mom to come back with us for another visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Claude D
Bonita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Every year my friends and I coming from different parts of the country to meet for an adventure. This year after an exhaustive search of the internet we decided to play cowgirls at the Sylvan Dale Ranch. We could not have been happier. The ranch catered to all levels of riding experience with great horses. An overnight trip into the mountains was made even more exciting by the attempt to find some "lost cattle." There were plenty of activities to entertain and the staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming. It was obvious that the owners loved the ranch and wanted to share that with their guests? It was a great location with a river flowing through the ranch. It was a convenient location, about an hour drive to Denver airport.

Room Tip: Some cabins were bigger while some were side by side, all we're clean and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SusanD3722
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

First time we visited Sylvan Dale, my sons were 8 and 10. After 21 years, we returned with their families. It was just as we had remembered it. Lots of family fun with a terrific staff to make your stay everything that you had hoped it would be after all those years. There were 13 people in our group ranging from 5 to 84 years old. There was something for everyone to enjoy. The food was delicious and very healthy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
The Estes Park Resort
The Estes Park Resort
#15 of 29 in Estes Park
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park

Been to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!