“Excellent Ranch Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loveland
Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Sylvan Dale has the rare distinction of making you feel like family visiting a ranch. The trail hands and Jessup family are friendly competent people. Their is a wealth of activities to choose from and no pushiness. They taught me and my two boys how to ride. Also, good family meals and activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
sylvandaleranch, Guest Relations Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you, Roger, for your compliments to Sylvan Dale and our staff. :) It was a pleasure to host the Bruneau Family Reunion and we do hope to see you sometime in the future!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our family of 4, including our two 8 y.o. girls, took a 1.5 hr trail ride, which we luckily had to ourselves, led by a wonderful guide named Maddie. We were not staying at the ranch, though it looked very nice, but chose this stable based on a personal recommendation and, as another reviewer commented, because I read that many of the horses were bred there. You can tell the horses are well-cared for, which I also feel is important to support. We were led around the ranch and saw mischievous steer, Mikey, the bull, prairie dogs, and beautiful scenery. Afterwards, Maddie took the time to share with our girls watering the horses and replacing shoes. She even gave us some tips for a great follow-up afternoon in Old Town Ft. Collins. This was a highlight day of our CO vacation. We will definitely return for another ride when in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
sylvandaleranch, Dude Ranch Vacation Coordinator at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We value our guests' responses and are so glad you were able to enjoy Sylvan Dale and our horses. Maddie had a great time leading your family through the ranch and would love to see you back again one of these days!

Happy trails!

Karen Burbank
Dude Ranch Vacation Coordinator and Riding Instructor

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here for just an overnight off season, when they function as a bed and breakfast. The property is just gorgeous and all the facilities seem very nice. In season there is a lot to do. We stayed in the Big Thompson Suite, which is kind of like Grandma's apartment in its decor, but quite large. Would've liked to have seen one of the cabins as they look darling. Breakfast was very nice. A big platter of fresh fruit, eggs, ham, toast, potatoes. Went on a horse ride the following day and were very impressed. We thought it was going to be a boring old trail ride, but we went on a wonderful ride over hills, through a stream, etc. definitely not boring! Would love to go back during the summer to experience all they have to offer. Rocky Mtn National Park right in their back yard is a huge plus for exploring outside the ranch.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Whitestavern
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I will remember this trip for years to come! I couldn't have been more pleased with the Cowgirl Weekend. Many fabulous women attending and the staff was outstanding! The owner saved my trip by running to the store for me so I wouldn't miss anything during my stay. The chef and kitchen staff went out of their way to accommodate my special diet requests. I attended with some friends and would not be afraid to attend this event by myself in the future as several others did. A great getaway to be on your own and not alone. I had never really been on a horse and they made it so comfortable I was able to enjoy 3 full days of riding! Never in a million years would I have imagined I would have so much fun! Thank you Susan, Dave, Karen, Laurie, Lonnie, Art, Kitchen crew, and Trail Barron, my cowie horse! I hope to bring my family someday however, I will return for Cowgirl weekend!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Sylvan Dale exceeded my expectations. The staff was beyond accommodating and the horse was a perfect fit. It was a post card perfect stay and can't wait for the next visit, hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cmm1989
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My sister and I chose Sylvan Dale for our first attempt at fly-fishing. What a great experience! Our guide, Ted, was very professional, patient, humorous and after four hours of learning & doing we actually felt accomplished. While we did not actually land any trout, we both had good strikes which was very exciting. All the gear was provided, as well as spectacular scenery and perfect weather. The staff at the ranch were all helpful & friendly. Cannot wait to go back - it was an amazing day!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank judy210Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My daughter was recently married at Sylvan Dale and we couldn't have been more delighted with the staff and facilities. Our sincere thanks to the wonderful staff, especially Alaina the Wedding Coordinator, and Sue and Hannah at the front desk!

When selecting the venue one of the most important considerations for my daughter and her fiance was excellent food and plenty of room for activities. Sylvan Dale did not disappoint--the perfectly prepared salmon and smoked brisket were world-class delicious. The guests swooned over the food!

The Heritage Room is a lovely reception venue, and the adjoining game room had plenty of space for a photo booth, ping pong, pool, and video games. It kept the younger guests very happy and entertained. Outside was also lovely and people flowed in and out to the bar on the deck, enjoying the green, peaceful views.

The location is stunning with the river flowing through it. We can't wait to see the wedding pictures because we know they will be gorgeous. Since so many of the guests were from out of town, it was important for my daughter and her fiance to provide great accommodations, and again Sylvan Dale offered this to us. The cabins are wonderfully clean and comfy, and everyone so enjoyed spending the morning after the wedding together, eating breakfast and strolling on the grass along the riverbanks with the morning sunshine warming our faces. It was so fun we all stayed as long as we could!

I highly recommend Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends