“Sylvan Dale Amazing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loveland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

One of the best vacations ever! They are such wonderful people, and cater to anything you may need. I wasn't a "ranch" person but ended up enjoying the vacation immensely! Highly recommend! We went during native american week and Grey Wolf was someone you should consider meeting - very knowledgable about Native American history and a great speaker. So many activities it's hard to choose from!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
sylvandaleranch, Guest Relations Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Howdy to our Downing clan!

It was a pleasure to have you with us for Native American week. :) Thank you so much for sending some photos our way! Now we have a really great Trap Shooting and Swimming Pool photo too. :)

Looking forward to the next time we have a chance to spend time with you and your family!

Happy trails in the meantime,

2939 North County Rd. 31-D
Loveland, CO 80538
(877) 667-3999
(970) 667-3915 ext. 11
KarenB@SylvanDale.com
www.SylvanDale.com

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is the third trip my wife and I have made to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, each time with different family members. This is an excellent family run ranch since the 1940's. Their horses and cattle are raised on the ranch. We are each given a horse for the week. If you want, riding lessons are provided each day. For me, being a novice, this was great. The trail rides in the Rockies are the most gorgeous.
The staff is like family and they all reach out to make your stay enjoyable. As a small example, I was looking for an item I had misplaced. When a member of their staff saw that I was carrying a water bottle, there was an offer to not only fill the bottle with water, but to also fill it with ice. I didn't even ask to have the bottle filled.
Needless to say, this trip was most enjoyable and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Their internet site is www.SylvanDale.com.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
sylvandaleranch, Guest Relations Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We just love having you and your family visit! It was such a pleasure to spend time with each generation. :) See you next time!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

With my daughters family in tow we stayed at this 3800-acre facility. Words can’t describe this enchanting place. I made a promise to myself to return to the ranch.

My 3 and 5-year-old grandchildren with the help of Art at the stables were able to ride horses in the corral. What is remarkable is they are afraid of horses but Art has a very special way with kids. My daughter and I took a trail ride with some extremely well trained horses on the property. Needless to say we only saw a sliver of the ranch. It is beautiful that words can’t describe. The next day we had a hayride/guided tour powered by the largest horses I have ever seen. What fun, especially the narration about the landscape and on what each pasture is used for. The horses in the pastures certainly added to our feeling of tranquility. Being a city slicker I have never experienced a marsh mellow roast at night. The singing and meeting other guest was over the top. They also have several stocked lakes for catch and release fly-fishing. It was exciting to catching the fish.

Our accommodations were more than adequate. We had a four-bedroom house that was completely renovated after the flood. Spacious, clean, well equipped and extremely comfortable are the first words that come to mind. The staff is over the top kind and accommodating.
I had goose bumps listening to the story of the 2012 flood and the destruction it did. Seeing the video almost brought me to tears. The owners are very creative and resourceful in bringing the ranch back. They repurposed common areas to accommodate buildings lost in the flood and rehabbed buildings that were not lost. The staff told me stories how they had to travel miles by foot over a hill to get food and water in and important records out of harms way. The owners are special people otherwise the staff would not have been with them as long as they have and truly friendly

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We're so glad you were able to visit us for a few days. :) We also hope to see you when the grand kids are old enough to go on the trail with the family!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This ranch is truly a treasure!!

I spent 3 days at the ranch, and mainly came for the horse riding. Not only were the horses excellent, well trained and had great character, also, the accommodation was lovely (real "Colorado feel" in wooden houses), the environment beautiful by the river, with wildlife around, and the people on the ranch were simply lovely! The food was delicious. I would come anytime again and can truly recommend this place to anyone who is interested in a ranch vacation.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Howdy Dorothee!

Thank you so much for staying with us! We just love to hear feedback from our guests. And our horses like to know that you enjoyed them too. :)

Come back again sometime! Happy trails in the meantime. :)

2939 North County Rd. 31-D
Loveland, CO 80538
(877) 667-3999
(970) 667-3915 ext. 11
KarenB@SylvanDale.com
www.SylvanDale.com

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I found them doing a Google search and I'm so glad I did! My friend and I booked a 2-hour trail ride and ended up making our own trail up the side of a mountain with our wrangler, Slim, to go herd some cattle! It was so much fun!! After, we took the scenic route back with gorgeous views! I wish I lived closer so I could go more often - great people, lovely Quarter Horses, and an amazing experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JovaniSkye

Thank you so much for joining us on the trail! We hope you can experience Sylvan Dale again in the future! :)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was looking at Sylvan Dale as a venue for a conference. Words can hardly express how wonderful Ge was to work with. Helpful, understanding, and willing to work with us on the bid. I would highly recommend this venue. With such a wonderful, knowledgeable staff, it's a jewel. Not to mention the beautiful sights!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sylvandaleranch, Dude Ranch Sales Specialist at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you Hannah for your compliments! We hope to be able to accommodate your group in the future. :)

Happy trails,

Sylvan Dale Ranch

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We did not stay here but very much enjoyed our horseback riding trip with our wrangler! He was funny and I could tell he loved what he did. What a nice group of people from the front desk to those in the stables tending the horses. The animals were in good spirits and seemed well treated and happy. Highly recommend this place for a little adventure! It was a bargain for the price.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Stephanie, for your comments! Our wranglers do love their job and the horses too. :) We hope you can visit us again during your travels. :)

Happy trails,

Sylvan Dale Ranch

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
My Place Hotel - Loveland, CO
Deer Crest Resort
Deer Crest Resort
#10 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!