“Less than average Cracker Barrel experience”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #17 of 261 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Ate there one day just after the lunch rush finished. Restaurant was pretty messy -- tables needed to be bussed, debris on floor, etc. Waitress didn't understand the menu very well. Not very attentive, either. I've eaten at Cracker Barrel a dozen times in the past, but this experience was well below their average.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

So yes, it's a chain and there are general expectations. Fine dining it isn't but the that isn't what they claim to be! That said our visit met and exceeded expectations for the dining venue of choice.

We were seated immediately
Our order was taken rapidly and by choice we ordered drinks and dinner at the same time. We, the ladies that is, went off to browse in the store ~ you just can't help but look at the unique things they have to tempt your wallet to open up y'know??? As we are currently nearing Halloween I couldn't help but snap a pic of "Brains" (green funnel cake mix kit ~ what fun!!!)

We were gone less than 5 minutes and by the time we got back our cornbread muffins and biscuits were there. By the time we were done enjoying one of those our dinner order arrived (albeit with a spare order of french fries).

Two of us chose the Monday special ~ baked chicken and dressing with one side and in our case it was the hashbrown casserole YUMM(only $5.99). For another in our dinner party it was Grandpa's breakfast with substitutions and then our vegetarian who was on a potato kick ~ french fries, baked sweet potato and hash brown casserole with a side of broccoli all cooked great. Any extras or substitutions were handled without a blink of an eye . . .

All in all it was a good dining experience ~
The food was good
The service good to better as well as attentive(thank you Clayton)
and the wait was minimal ~ actually better than some quickie place!

. . . and we were able to enjoy an unrushed dinner and conversation.

Seriously what else can one ask for?

1  Thank cc_maam
Reviewed 27 August 2015

What a disappointment. I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in awhile but remembered how good their hash brown casserole was. It was very dry and the sausages were well done. I needed a knife to cut them. I don't know if I will go back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Six friends and I ate lunch at the Loveland, CO Cracker Barrel today. Our food, to a person, was not good at all. Two people ordered the fried chicken breast lunch and the chicken was so dried out that you could barely cut it with a knife. I ordered the meatloaf lunch special and it was barely warm, and had only about a tablespoon of brown gravy on my mashed potatoes. I ordered fried okra as my side and it was barely cooked and not crisp at all. Our waitress appeared annoyed at having to serve us (all senior citizens). I have been to Cracker Barrel many times before and have never seen such a decline in service and food. We reported this to the man at the cash register and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he'd report it to management. We overheard another man (not in our party) leaving, saying he'd never come back there to eat again even though he'd been coming once a week for many years.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I love that Cracker Barrel is the same wherever you go! I met a long-time friend at the Loveland restaurant and enjoyed myself very much! The food was great, the staff were fun and sociable and the store is a blast to walk through!