“Home style ”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Went during lunch on a Friday. Ordered the chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes and french fries. Price came to $10.00. Service was okay. Atmosphere was a little busy, but always fun. Tons of stuff to buy in the gift shop and pretty much something for everyone. Located right off I-25.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

I'm not normally a fan of Cracker Barrel. They are usually crowded and noisy. This place looks like a normal Cracker Barrel but both the food and the service were top rate. The turnip greens were some of the best I ever had and the server recommended spicy grilled catfish which was beyond good. My only little complaint was that I asked for some cheese for my eggs after they were delivered. The server promptly brought me a slice of processed American cheese on a plate but then charged me $1.19 for 1 slice of processed cheese. I thought that was a bit pricey but since I didn't ask before it was delivered, I figured that was on me. It was still and excellent experience.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Ate there one day just after the lunch rush finished. Restaurant was pretty messy -- tables needed to be bussed, debris on floor, etc. Waitress didn't understand the menu very well. Not very attentive, either. I've eaten at Cracker Barrel a dozen times in the past, but this experience was well below their average.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

So yes, it's a chain and there are general expectations. Fine dining it isn't but the that isn't what they claim to be! That said our visit met and exceeded expectations for the dining venue of choice.

We were seated immediately
Our order was taken rapidly and by choice we ordered drinks and dinner at the same time. We, the ladies that is, went off to browse in the store ~ you just can't help but look at the unique things they have to tempt your wallet to open up y'know??? As we are currently nearing Halloween I couldn't help but snap a pic of "Brains" (green funnel cake mix kit ~ what fun!!!)

We were gone less than 5 minutes and by the time we got back our cornbread muffins and biscuits were there. By the time we were done enjoying one of those our dinner order arrived (albeit with a spare order of french fries).

Two of us chose the Monday special ~ baked chicken and dressing with one side and in our case it was the hashbrown casserole YUMM(only $5.99). For another in our dinner party it was Grandpa's breakfast with substitutions and then our vegetarian who was on a potato kick ~ french fries, baked sweet potato and hash brown casserole with a side of broccoli all cooked great. Any extras or substitutions were handled without a blink of an eye . . .

All in all it was a good dining experience ~
The food was good
The service good to better as well as attentive(thank you Clayton)
and the wait was minimal ~ actually better than some quickie place!

. . . and we were able to enjoy an unrushed dinner and conversation.

Seriously what else can one ask for?

1  Thank cc_maam
Reviewed 27 August 2015

What a disappointment. I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in awhile but remembered how good their hash brown casserole was. It was very dry and the sausages were well done. I needed a knife to cut them. I don't know if I will go back again.