“Be hungry when you come”
Review of Doug's Day Diner

Doug's Day Diner
Ranked #2 of 246 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Loveland, Colorado
“Be hungry when you come”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great breakfast with many unusual choices. Most entrees for breakfast are large. Good quality and service. This is a busy place and you may have to wait at peak times.

Visited March 2014

Loveland, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lack of enthusiasm”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Service has gone down last two vists.
No urgency to get your drinks no excitement about our experience.
I work in breakfast and would like a change of pace.
Lack of customer service will lead to lack of guests
Hope Doug is listening!

• Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Again fabulous ”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Very impressed by the composure of the staff. Five of us visited Doug's on Sunday, and after waiting a half an hour which the nice hostess informed us we would be waiting. We had great service coffe was never empty which is very imp on a rough Sunday! Food was great as usual, but the friendliness as we were leaving by the staff is what reminded me to write this review! Even the cooks looked up as we were leaving "thanks guys! Have a good one" talk about an old school atmosphere it's like the places my folks would take me when I was little

Berthoud, Colorado
“Not the best...”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was excited that Loveland finally got something new. Got take out. Service was great. The waitress was cheerful and friendly and the restaurant was very clean. However, the atmosphere was sort of mundane and no one seemed that excited to be in there. The food was so-so. I expected more of a bold, full flavor to the chorizo and eggs but overall it was lacking and bordered on bland. The green chili was certainly not up to what I usually expect from Colorado made green chili. I also think it is over priced for being basically a breakfast place. Heartland Cafe just down the the street on Lincoln Ave, has more bang for the buck and better quality food. I won't be a regular but will probably got back a few more times here and there.

• Visited March 2014
Loveland
“Great diner food with huge portions”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Breakfast is exceptional at this diner and you won't walk away hungry, that's for sure! Portions are huge so you might want to share or get a small portion. They use lots of local ingredients including bacon and coffee. You might have to wait in line on weekends unless you like to eat at the counter. Very friendly staff and I've seen the owner walk around making sure everything is OK. If you are in Loveland, this is the best breakfast served. Don't miss it!

Visited January 2014