“Good home base for Rocky Mountain NP”

Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights here during a road trip, wife and I and our 3 year-old. Clean, quiet, spacious room with kitchen, all well maintained and equipped. Easy parking on the 2 weekday nights. Staff polite if not real friendly. Breakfast buffet with good hot items and full line of standard buffet food. We also took advantage of the evening food service one day. Nachos with cheese sauce, meat, lettuce, condiments--it was pretty good. Some parts of the hotel are under renovation and there was some noticeable noise, dirt and debris, but you wouldn't see it unless you go walking around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Newly renovated, lovely decor. Restaurants and shopping close by. Outlet mall within walking distance. About an hour from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Great view of Longs Peak. Staff very polite and accommodating.

Room Tip: Maybe 3d floor NW side for view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights here in March of 2014. We visited Estes Park while staying here. It was very clean! Very friendly and helpful staff! The kids loved the pool. I highly recommend this hotel. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tyler D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed our pool, our staff, and your stay! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Estes Park as well. That is a great place to visit that is not too far from our hotel.
I hope that you can come back and visit us again once we have completed our renovation! We are updating all public spaces (pool, exercise room, lobby, and breakfast room) as well as all our guests' rooms! We are really excited for all our guests to see and experience our new hotel!
Thank you again for your kind review, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel was very nice. Comfortable and convenient room. The bedding was comfy. Would stay here again for sure. Only negative is that the walls seemed thin, you could hear people talking in the next room. Very good value for the money though. Also, right next to the Lone Star Steakhouse, which is an excellent restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tyler D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

I would like to thank you for your kind review! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and location. I apologize that you were able to hear people talking in the next room. We are actually going under a renovation at the moment and I hope that you will be able to stay with us again once everything has been updated!
Please give me a call to set up your next reservation and I will give you a discount for your loyalty.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The room was very nice with the exception of the bathtub it was clogged and was fixed promptly. The employees and housekeeping are very friendly and care about all the guests. The social hour could use more food variety.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tyler D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoy our staff members, I know they work hard to make sure all our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
I apologize that your drain was clogged, but I am happy to hear that it was resolved quickly. We will definitely keep checking our drains more often.
Thank you for your feedback on our social hour as well! We are actually expecting to be revamping our social hour this year! Alot of new things are coming and we are excited to get started with the changes soon!
Please let me know if there is anything more I can do for you or if you have any additional concerns.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

ISP Service: Marginal 1Mb bandwidth is adequate for the most basic email service, but not for Professional remote VPN work. This is unusual for Marriot Residence Inn and is the main reason I had to leave. Local apartment complexes are connected to 100Mb Fiber rings and you would think that Marriot Corp in a Denver suburb could do better.

Maid Service: After an initial misunderstanding, the housekeeping service has been excellent and keeping with Marriot Residence Inn standards.

Value: Corporate negotiated rates are considerable and "value add". The Centerra Mall restaurants are extremely close. It is surprising that they don't have a liaison arrangement with the Gold's Gym nearby --- the workout room, like most Residence Inns is considerably lacking.

Sleep Quality: You need to ask for the "Top 3rd Floor" to prevent the "heavy booted" local Oil Field workers from keeping you up at night. Also, the walls seem to be a bit thinner than what I expected; not bad, just not as sound inhibiting as other Marriot properties I've stayed at.

Food Service: Compared to many other Residence Inn's at which I've stayed, I found the Breakfast to be marginal, at best. I stopped attending the Breakfast offerings and picked up quick food at the McDonald's next door. Additionally, the packaged food (beef jerky) served in the Mini Store gave me food poisoning for a day. Again, this is UNUSUAL for Residence Inn standards.

Parking: The Mgmt does a good job contracting services to help keep the snow and ice at bay.

Service Desk: As with most Residence Inns, it depends on "who's on watch". The newest staff is on the Mid Shift tries as hard as possible to be as accommodating as possible. However, the Veteran Assistant Manager; not as much. I suppose "familiarity breeds contempt".

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wblueyonder
Tyler D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We always like to hear constructive criticism in order to improve upon our service to our guests. We only want our guests to have the best experience while staying with us.
I am glad that you were happy with our housekeeping staff and location. We make sure all of our staff knows that our guests satisfaction is the highest priority. I am sorry to hear that you were not treated the same by all of our staff. This will definitely be discussed and we will make sure our service is more consistent with our standards.
We are receiving an upgrade this year! We will be renovating our hotel from February 26th to June 22nd, and we are excited for all the new amenities this will bring us. I hope that you can come back to see us after this time so you can see the new Residence Inn! Please give me a call at the number below or send me an email when you would like to return and I will make sure to give you the best personalized service.

Stacey.cooper@marriott.com

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Really enjoyed the amenities for this hotel - reception during weekdays, delicious full breakfast bar and a nice large workout room. The rooms were super clean, I was upgraded to a 2-room suite, even though it was just me. My only concern was the smell, something must have burned in the kitchen and they tried to clean it out - food and cleaner do not mix! Had to air out my room every night and opened all my windows the first night I was there. It was quite chilly! Overall though, that's a once in a blue moon situation and I would definitely come back. Super friendly staff, and hot chocolate and coffee 24/7. Walking distance to restaurants, shops and outlets.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Tyler D, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and all that we have to offer! We take great pride in our staff and our hotel.
Thank you for letting us know about the problems you had during your stay as well! We like to always continue to do better and I always like to hear about areas that we can improve upon. I apologize that you had an uncomfortable smell in your room and that you had to air out that room on a chilly night! I hope that if this ever happens again in the future that you would please let us know, so we can either take care of the problem or move you to a better room. However we are taking steps to make sure this problem does not happen again.
Please let me know the next time you are in town so that I can make sure your room is up to the high standards we set for both ourselves and our guests!

Guest Service Supervisor