“Good location, good rooms, BYOT”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there this past weekend with two kids for a nearby volleyball tournament --
The positives: friendly front desk greeting/ fresh cookies and lemonade in lobby/ large double queen room with separate small coffee bar, microwave, mini fridge/clean and comfy room with space to spread out/tasty breakfast buffet with fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice...... And sweet, kind woman attendant who was very helpful/small pool but fun waterslide for the kids!

A few areas for improvement: knowing a popular volleyball tournament was in town - the hotel really, really needed a 2nd or 3rd staff member in house for the weekend for routine issues, dry pool towels were GONE and wet ones strewn everywhere, kids running about needing reminders that it isn't a sorority house, replenishing forks, plates at breakfast buffet. The minimal staff on hand seemed to do the very best they could but overall a little additional staffing would have been nice to see. The TV setup, menu, and remote were a mystery to me -- and I'm fairly tech-savvy ...?! To get the TV onto just "TV shows" for the kids to watch required all 3 of us pushing buttons for at least 5 minutes and the "topper"...?! The first two things to turn on were "racy previews" for the Adult Channel and next, an hour long TLC show about nudist colonies with full frontal -- that seemed to be the only channel the TV could settle itself on. NOT OK!! Perhaps knowing that the bulk of their guests that night were families with kids attending numerous nearby sporting events -- could the hotel possibly change or block some of the content??!!

Last tip - if you're staying for nearby youth sports, bring your own towels for the pool as they seem to run out, and please remember - kids in a hotel need to be instructed in manners, patience and proper indoor behavior -- it's fun for them but it's not a youth hostel party nor free babysitting by the over-taxed hotel staff.

• Stayed: February 2014
HiexlovelandGM, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Here at the Holiday Inn Express it is our goal to make our hotel a fun, friendly and clean environment, from serving cookies and lemonade to a warm fresh breakfast the next morning. We thank you for your kind response and for the feedback on what we can do to better our hotel for your future stay with us. We have had a staff meeting to address and take the correct steps to properly maintain a very busy and popular pool so we can continue making this a friendly environment for all who stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to respond on behalf of our hotel.

-PR Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This is my first hand experience. The pool is filthy!!! There was blood, snot, hair, and old bandages all around the sides, not only new blood, but dried blood as well. We stayed here and payed more for a room because they advertised a slide. It was out of order. The building is new and the staff is friendly and tried to make it right, but the accommodations were not clean. Honestly, The pool is a health hazard. I informed staff of the need for the pool to be cleaned and In the morning when I went to look for something my daughter left, it was apparent no one had yet cleaned.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Viergets
HiexlovelandGM, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and are very sorry to hear of the condition you found our pool. We have addressed the issues you experienced and have competed extra training with our staff. We hope you return to our property to see the extra steps we have taken to ensure cleanliness and comfort at our hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

So, I would give this hotel a one (actually, a zero if possible) based solely on my visceral response to an unpleasant event that occurred when I used a "clean" towel after getting out of the shower on my first night of a two night stay at this hotel this past summer. I am giving a two star because overall the hotel was new and nice enough to meet my standards but I can't give more based on my unnerving and completely disgusting experience with a towel that was folded and presented as clean. The problem was reported immediately and the night desk clerk was apologetic enough. The next day, after trying to reach the manager several times, she finally got back to me and tried to make it better but it wasn't enough (and honestly, nothing could have been enough but there was nothing else I could do about it). My child absolutely LOVED the indoor water slide. It was pretty nasty at the top of the slide where you could see a bunch of kids/teens threw their gum and change and hair ties all over the edge while they were standing on the landing. While I know they can not prevent kids from doing that kind of thing, it looked like there was so much gum and debris up there it hadn't ever been cleaned off. Anyway, the hotel was nice enough, the pool was great for kids, but a piece of advice to all that I learned the hard way...thoroughly inspect all hotel towels top to bottom, front and back before using them (and just a glance won't do!)!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HiexlovelandGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on our property. I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay with us. I have addressed the housekeeping issue with our staff and I assure you that will not happen again. We pride ourselves in excellent cleanliness and hope you give us a second chance to prove we are a clean hotel. I am glad to hear your family did in fact enjoy our hotel accommodations. Thanks again for your feedback and comments.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed a week for business. The room was clean and well laid out. I was surprised to find a separate kids room with bunk beds, tv, bean bag and kids decor in my room. It made me wish that I had my kids with me! The location was near the Automall, and there was some dining within walking distance. The only issue that I had was to come back to the room after a day of work and find that the toilet needed repair. I notified the front desk and it was repaired promptly.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids, ask for a room with bunk beds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the great feedback; we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

-PR Team

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a wonderful evenings rest at the hotel. The shower was great in the morning, with huge towels, and the breakfast an unexpected pleasure. Lots of choices. It was close to the wedding venue and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great feedback; we are happy to hear that our amenities were a pleasant surprise for you and your wedding party.

-PR Team

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Though the location of this hotel makes it difficult to have an adventurous experience, they did everything they did SPOT ON!! The spa and fitness facility were great. The breakfast was AWESOME!!!! It really was what I needed. The only struggle for this hotel is their location. There are few restaurant options and taxi/public transit is at a low. If you are traveling for business for extended days I would recommend a rent a car as a MUST for this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am continually satisfiied with HI Express properties. This was no exception. Room size, decor, wif-fi. microwave, fridge all add up to a pleasant stay for the price. This property also had a large slide for the kids at the pool. Breakfast was well stocked and pleasantly uncrowded in the large breakfast area.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business