“$22? Really?”

Cuisines: American
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
“$22? Really?”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

That is a lot for breakfast. Especially when it's not very good. For our $22, we got the following: 1 Belgian Waffle, 2 strips of bacon, 2 links smoked sausage, 2 eggs, 3 pancakes and 1 serving of hashbrowns. Oh, yeah, and a pot of coffee that was $4 of that 22. We were seated quickly, and we were given coffee quickly. The waitress brought our order fairly quickly, but brought us a pitcher of maple syrup for our pancakes and the ginormous waffle that was all but empty. She did not return to the table to see how our food was until we were almost done. The eggs were rubbery and had no flavor, and the hashbrowns were bland as well. I couldn't dump enough salt and pepper on my plate to make it palatable. The smoked sausage, which I admit is kind of a weird choice for breakfast, was smoky--really really smoky. We knew we had seen a Waffle House somewhere in the area on our way into town a few days before, but were hungry and couldn't remember where it was. Sure wish we would have waited to find it. Something from that meal gave me a belly ache all day. This was my first ever visit to an IHOP. Hmmm, pretty sure it will also be my last.

• Visited May 2012

Rawlins, Wyoming
“IHOP, not gourmet”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Food was ok, typical IHOP fashion. Kids do eat free from 4-10 pm, a bonus for us. NIce location as it is by the outlets.

• Visited April 2012
Loveland, Colorado
“IHOP IS AGAINST CHILDREN!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

IHOP was my family’s go to place. We loved it there for our birthday breakfasts or just the wake up in the morning need for Cheese Blintzes. Our family will no longer go there – EVER!!

My niece is 5 and we ordered breakfast like normal. As the waitress walked away with our order my niece changed her mind. We called the waitress back and changed the order. She was annoyed, but we blew it off as it was morning and maybe she needed another cup of coffee.

We waited and waited and waited for our food. People who came in after us were served and some had even left before we given our food. About 45 minutes later our order arrived and it was COLD! There was no doubt in our minds that these plates were made on time and left to get cold because the waitress felt inconvenienced.

The manager was walking around and approached our table to ask how things were. We told her that we thought our food was made and left to sit and that it was no longer edible for several reasons including the safety of our health. The manager made no effort to make it right. The manager made no offer to discount our ticket. The manager did say, “Some of our staff does not like waiting on children.” She went on to say, “They were working on the problem.”

Never go there!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Meagan C
Loveland, Colorado
“IHOP IS AGAINST CHILDREN!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The corporate IHOP office has not contacted my family regarding this. To me it is very obvious, IHOP hates kids. My niece was not in appropriate; she was not loud out of control. She was as polite as any adult patron; she just changed her mind at the last second. The order hadn’t even gone to the kitchen yet. IHOP condoned these actions! Never go there!

I wish I could give this place "zero" stars!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Meagan C
loveland, colorado
“Maybe not once a year....”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I went to the one in Loveland for lunch because we happen to be in the area. The restaurant was extremely clean, the menu selection was varied, the service was friendly and prompt,we had a very nice waitress, but the food was terrible. I had iced coffee, my husband had iced tea. We had steak quesdillas, 2 pot roast sandwiches with 2 cheesy potato soups. The iced coffee was just regular coffee poured in a glass with ice and Hershey's syrup. The sandwiches were extremely greasy with no flavor. The soup was thick like Hollandaise sause with no spice or flavor..The best part about or meal was our cheery waitress.

• Visited September 2011