“2013 Global Council Meeting Humanity's Team”

Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center
Pretoria, South Africa
“2013 Global Council Meeting Humanity's Team”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am excited to share that Humanity's Team had one of our most wonderful Global Council Meetings ever at the Peaceful Valley Ranch. Our conference facilities and service was excellent and our accommodation was an experience of home away from home, with great food, breathtaking nature, and more than enough to participate in and enjoy. I personally enjoyed the old feel of the ranch and welcomed the fact that there is no television! I intend to return to this very place with my husband and am still in heaven! Well done Peaceful Valley Ranch. Anna-Mari Pieterse South Africa

Room Tip: I stayed on the upper level of Cimmeron which was perfect for me.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Spokane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I see a lot of reviews here about the condition of this ranch. It IS quite old, some of the buildings are newer but the main lodge and cabins are quite old and you would expect some wear and tear.
Not luxurious but still comfortable enough. The activities were pleasant. Food was what I would expect from a ranch. I think a lot of people are confusing this place with a luxury hotel. It is what it says it is, A ranch, The conference center was modern and comfortable and we enjoyed our stay there. It has a different flavor than a lot of other guest ranches and I rather expected and liked the more rugged and yes, worn look of the place. Staff was nice except a slightly grouchy manager but overall it was a pleasant stay. Oh! and the chapel on the mountainside is beautiful, The view from the front window is just awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank B H
Lafayette, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The staff and facilities here were amazing! With a wedding and many guests everyone was very helpful and kind:) The ranch food was good and the location is stunning this time of year:) Thank you for all your effort!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn C
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Peaceful Valley Ranch is located in one of the most beautiful mountain locations in Colorado.

Humanity's Team hosted a Global Council Meeting at the Peaceful Valley Ranch with 35-40 people staying. Our rooms were large and wonderful, the food was delicious, and the staff polite and caring. I had leaders from all over the world thanking me for the wonderful time! Jeanne Bohlke the event planner and Coordinator went above and beyond our expectations!

The staff polite and caring, from the chef and his staff to the House Keeping Staff, to the ranch hands. Thank you Peaceful Valley Ranch... We truly enjoyed our time at Peaceful Valley Ranch and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

We came for a weekend wedding, and stayed two nights. The ranch is beautiful, the staff is really nice. I was pleasantly surprised by the food. Usually food served in big metal trays is mushy and salty and gross, but the veggies were cooked perfectly, the fruit was fresh, and the potatoes crispy. We were in the cimmeron building, in one of the "hotel style" rooms. It was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable. There is no radio or tv, do bring that if you need it. The decor is rustic, which is charming I guess. I think it looks kind of dated, but it is a ranch after all. The only thing that was iffy was the prices. The rooms and cabins are priced really high for the quality of the accommodations. And they can get away with it because it's the only option if there is an event at the ranch. I don't know what their overhead is, and I don't want to be unfair, but it seems unbalanced. Everything else was great though. It's a really good place for big parties. We had a blast!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had a wonderful and very reasonable Easter brunch here after a beautiful 30 min. drive from Estes Park past Long's Peak and Allenspark. We didn't stay overnight here, but they offer great holiday brunches throughout the year, and we've always wanted to try it. So glad we did!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doughgirl81
Kris B, Event Coordinator at Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for the great review - I'm glad you enjoyed the Easter Brunch. Our next holiday brunch will be on Mother's Day. I hope we'll see you here again!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

A friend and I were at PVR for a conference last Friday (1/18) w/ lunch and dinner. It was great!

Everyone there is so kind and enjoyable. The conference room was perfect, with laptop computer hookup to show on a remote screen and white boards. I love white boards!

The food was really good, fresh and tasty.

I'll be back! Thank you PVR staff!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
#8 of 29 in Estes Park
Deer Crest Resort
Deer Crest Resort
#10 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!