“Unique and Non-commercialized Haven”

Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Wow. Definitely a unique wedding location! Our friends just got married here and 89 of their closest friends and family were able to join them at the beautiful Peaceful Valley Ranch. (Not all stayed the night, maybe half did). My first impression of the ranch was that it was much more 'dude ranchy' than I imagined. Young wranglers riding around on horseback, the community dining area, the petting zoo complete with donkey...it all added to the beautiful scenery of the valley in the Rockies and was all very cool. We stayed in the lodge in a tiny room, with a private bath. I think the prices are somewhat steep for the run down lodge (>100/night, should be more like $65-70), but it was convenient. I entered one of the cabins, and the hot tub in each is definitely a nice amenity, but those are even more expensive per night. They are definitely working the wedding destination angle, although there was a family reunion and multiple independent "dude families" visiting the same weekend. Having the pool and hot tub open 24hrs/day is awesome for us young folks who like to stay up late once in a while. :) I found the food pretty good, and all buffet style, except the wedding dinner, which was delicious (bacon wrapped filet mignon). They do offer gluten free and dairy free options at each meal, but you have to remind/ask each time to know what is safe. I enjoyed walking and hiking on the trails around the ranch, and I'm sure the valley was more peaceful before the road was paved so nicely, but we did see a bunch of cool old and sports cars drive through. The chapel is amazing and must be at least seen. Our friends had their ceremony at the top of the mountain, and the reception in the lodge. Great time, and all of the staff is very friendly, helpful, and always smiling! Maybe next time I'll go horseback riding...

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank HoboHealth
PVRowner, Owner at Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review. You can now book online with us at peacefulvalley.com. Check out our deals. We would love to have you visit again. We have made many changes and chip away at our list daily. Our family and staff loves serving our guests. Hope you are creating an amazing life and we wish you well.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

When it comes to finding peace, this location far exceeds anything you will find in Estes Park. I lived in Estes for over 2 years and know that the hiking, rivers, views at this location trumps what one will find up the road.
The rooms are very large and clean. Yes, its true that the carpet *could* be updated, but it is clean and, let's face it -- it's a RANCH, not a Ritz Carlton. I actually love some of that quirky charm. All three times I've stayed in a second floor room overlooking the river. The view is lovely and the sound of the river will lull you to sweet dreams.
My only reason for not giving this a 5 star rating is the cost. Over $200 a night for a very basic room is pretty steep-- even by Estes Park rates. It's marketed as a B&B, but I don't think PV really fits in that category. The breakfast is alright-- buffet style-- but certainly not the gourmet you'd expect at a more intimiate B&B. The breakfast is served between 8-9 which is rather late if one wants to get a head start hiking! I'm not a picky eater by any means, but the breakfast buffet is not the $60 value the site claims it to be-- it is simply part of the PV value proposition so they can charge over $200 per night for a very basic room. (Keep in mind, a 15% gratuity-- along with tax-- will be automatically added to your room rate.)
All in all, this is a great place for conferences and weddings, but I probably won't be coming here again for a personal trip. Although, I would consider staying here if they rented the rooms without charging for the breakfast plan.

Room Tip: No A/C in the conference lodge rooms. It wasn't an issue for me, but some may be sensitive to th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My brother had a destination wedding at PVR. We are from Buffalo, NY, so we made a vacation of it. We started in Denver, then stayed at Estes Park, CO. We finished the trip at PVR for the wedding.

Whenever we talk about the trip, it always comes up that we wish we spent the whole time at Peaceful Valley Ranch instead of going to Estes and Denver.

One of the neatest things at the ranch was meeting a real cowboy (Doc). He even helped play a prank on one of our friends by riding his horse up to their cabin and calling for him.

The staff, location, and wedding were amazing!

If we are ever in CO again, we will be back to PVR!

Room Tip: Cimarron Lodge rooms were right next to the creek. There was a large thunder storm with a lot of ra...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is an excellent facility for a group conference, retreat, meeting, etc. My 2nd-story clean room was surprisingly large, with a window to the gushing river below (Cimmaron, #224). Some colleagues stayed in small cabins. Each evening I was delighted to sleep safely with my window open to the "white-noise" of healing waters. And, to add to this delight was an astonishing experience the first evening (we stayed there nine (9), to encounter a mama moose and her 'baby' right under my balcony! Awesome! We all saw these two for days ... be mindful and respect them.

The views were breathtaking from the Chapel up on the hill - don't miss going up there. There are hiking trails and of course, horseback riding. The staff was absolutely professional and super friendly. I was traveling alone this time without my husband and felt comfortable - right at-home with Jean and her helpful staff.

A highlight, as it usually is for most folks, is the dining experience. The staff set-up a separate area/room for our group with views of the river, which was so nice. Every breakfast I would arrive to the buffet greeted by smiles and "Good Morning!" The tables were spaced perfectly for group discussion, yet, I never felt crowded. The staff was amazingly quick to any request... Though the food was not organic (which I would have preferred) it was mostly very good -- three meals a day. Even the coffee was pretty good! (I'm known as being a bit of a coffee-snob LOL!) My husband was surprised I drank coffee every morning... as I was prepared to take a break from it with herbal tea for 10 days.

Much to my chagrin, the only "issue" I had here at Peaceful Valley Ranch was that my cell-phone did not have service up in these mountains. I have AT & T. If you do, please be prepared for that. The staff made every effort - thank you Adam! to get a message to my husband upon arrival. There's a separate area where you "may" be able to dial-out... but mine never worked. Long-distance fees from the phone in your room. My husband would call me at night, which worked out fine.

There is a nice room in the lodge with a very large TV which allowed me to sneak-in some NBA semi-finals games during my stay. If you "need" a tv in your room... be prepared for quiet; which was awesome.

Otters greet you swimming in the pond; hummingbirds abound and other critters, too; horses grace the property all day long. All-in-all, I definitely recommend this peaceful oasis in the mountains of Colorado... you are at 8,500 feet. It is Peaceful.

I would go back... any time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rev Dr Nancy A

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am excited to share that Humanity's Team had one of our most wonderful Global Council Meetings ever at the Peaceful Valley Ranch. Our conference facilities and service was excellent and our accommodation was an experience of home away from home, with great food, breathtaking nature, and more than enough to participate in and enjoy. I personally enjoyed the old feel of the ranch and welcomed the fact that there is no television! I intend to return to this very place with my husband and am still in heaven! Well done Peaceful Valley Ranch. Anna-Mari Pieterse South Africa

Room Tip: I stayed on the upper level of Cimmeron which was perfect for me.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I see a lot of reviews here about the condition of this ranch. It IS quite old, some of the buildings are newer but the main lodge and cabins are quite old and you would expect some wear and tear.
Not luxurious but still comfortable enough. The activities were pleasant. Food was what I would expect from a ranch. I think a lot of people are confusing this place with a luxury hotel. It is what it says it is, A ranch, The conference center was modern and comfortable and we enjoyed our stay there. It has a different flavor than a lot of other guest ranches and I rather expected and liked the more rugged and yes, worn look of the place. Staff was nice except a slightly grouchy manager but overall it was a pleasant stay. Oh! and the chapel on the mountainside is beautiful, The view from the front window is just awesome!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank B H

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The staff and facilities here were amazing! With a wedding and many guests everyone was very helpful and kind:) The ranch food was good and the location is stunning this time of year:) Thank you for all your effort!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn C

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park
#6 of 23 in Boulder
Discovery Lodge
Discovery Lodge
#14 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!