“Feels like Camp!”

Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center
Denver, Colorado
“Feels like Camp!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I felt like I was revisiting my childhood camp days by staying at Peaceful Valley Ranch.

I went to the location for an small optometry conference. There was about 12 of us. And we had a great time. The location was so convenient, as the conference room was directly next to the hotel rooms which was a short walk to the meals. We had a BBQ one night in a location that we had to be driven too - and that was absolutely delicious. At the very end of the trip we did a little GPS tracking activity through the woods that was really fun and a great team bonding experience.

While my stay was short, only 24 hours, we definitely got to experience the ranch. Anyone wanting to pretend that they are in camp again should definitely try this place out!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JessicaEyes
PVRowner, Owner at Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your review. You can now book online with us at peacefulvalley.com. Check out our deals. We would love to have you visit again. We have made many changes and chip away at our list daily. Our family and staff loves serving our guests. Hope you are creating an amazing life and we wish you well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The staff is very friendly but the overall management is too dependent on their recurring guests that they cut corners and have stopped the upkeep of the property. This is a rustic mountain place, but the rooms are in desperate need of updating and the facilities in general need maintenance. Cleanliness is questionable when my bed sheets were stained, there was a towel hanging over the shower rod that wasn't ours, and the kitchen area in the conference facility is unkept and looks like a good candidate to attract pests. The food is okay, but there is no selection... And driving to a nearby restaurant isn't an option. It really could be a great place in a beautiful mountain setting, staff is friendly, but they just stopped caring or ran out of funds. I couldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Skicbmr
Hi this review was given before we purchased the property feb 2015. We have done many many changes to the place and still have thousands to go. It is a family owned business and a review like this is not helpful for our future. Would you consider deleting it? It sounds like we aren't a great match as we are a rustic ranch that wasn't well taken care of. It's unfortunate that trip advisor effects our business before we bought it. Hope you have a blessed life and find places to get away that are life giving to you.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Had Family Reunion last summer at Peaceful Valley Ranch--2 60+ Grandparents, 5 30+ Adults, 8 Grandchildren (1-1, 1-2, 1-4, 1-6, 2-7, 1-12, 1-14) Perfect setting. Great Horses for age 6 and above, Friendly/Helpful/Professional Wranglers; Fun all age barn dance, Excellent food, great ranch-theme somewhat rustic housing. Believe it or not it had a pool and petting zoo. Priced right. Our grandchildren want to go back. We spent a week. There were four families--each family had a cabin with hot tub. Each morning before breakfast we watched the horses come down from the high ground. We intended to ride once per day, but found the scenery so pretty and the trail rides so enjoyable, we ended up riding twice a day. One of our goals during the vacation was to get one of our (slightly Autistic) granddaughter to ride all by herself. Long story short: one of the Wranglers took her in hand and the second day our granddaughter was riding by herself and loving it. Great memories for all ages--a wonderful get-away for us city folks. If you are looking for a great dude ranch experience, Peaceful Valley Ranch is definitely the place to go.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the cabins--check them out on the Peaceful Valley Ranch website.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great one stop shopping for a group with lots of 6-7yr olds! There are hiking trails, a stream running through the property, a petting zoo, fishing hole (they rent poles), gameroom, horsebackriding and a large indoor pool.

Accommodations are modest, but they have all the amenities you need. Cell reception is troublesome for all but one carrier.

Through group sales, Jeanne Bohlke was extremely thoughtful and did everything to make our reunion problem free. The night they had a large wedding booked on site, she catered our group dinner separately on a nearby hilltop location. We had use of a conference room which was wonderful as a group meeting place and a place away from the other guests to let the parents chat and kids play after dinner without bothering anyone.

The food was hearty - served buffet style - and they made provisions for the vegetarian, lactose intolerant, nut allergy, and other requests. I will mention that their wine list is modestly priced and perfectly fine. It is not standard practice for a someone to come to each table and ask for a drink or wine order, so you have to find a server and ask for the wine list, etc.

All staff were as helpful and friendly as I could have wished. Some were new and couldn't help with nearby trail descriptions - but they could find someone who could.

Can't think of any downside of our stay..........

At the end of our stay a small group tried LyonsFork down the hill - it is a gourmet's delight!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle E
Sackville, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Peaceful Valley Ranch is in a beautiful location, very clean, good food, kind staff and with amazing horses and trail rides. I recently stayed here for a week with Women's Quest for a horse/yoga retreat and could not have found a better location to do so. Access to the hotel from Boulder is easy, even if you don't have a car as there are shuttle services to get you there. I had a room with 2 double beds in the Cimmaron Unit and it was so clean, comfy bed and a great shower. Leaving my window open at night allowed me to hear the rush of the stream and sometimes the ducks quacking in the front pond in the morning. The hotel has a small petting farm opposite the stream, front pond, swings, outdoor fire pit and on site dining facility. The wrangers are amazing and the horses beautiful and kind and the scenery of the trails breathtaking! If you only ever do one horse trail ride in your life, this is the location to do so!

Room Tip: Although I stayed in a front room at Cimmaron, I was still able to hear the stream. I would imagine...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marlene47_12
Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My daughter was married at Peaceful Valley July 20, 2013. In Oct of 2012, when she made it known that this was to be the location, I visited the ranch with her and my other daughter. We had a good meeting with Kris, the wedding planner, and it was helpful to get a feeling for the ranch, the types of accomodations, and amenities as well as the event and ceremony venues. We followed that up with a number of emails as the plans started to take shape. Finally, the week before the wedding my daughter and I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with Kris going over every last detail. I say all this because I think that kind of homework by all of us really paid off. Kris replied to every email promptly and her knowledge of what was or was not possible was so helpful. By the way....we found most things to be possible!
As part of the festivities held at the ranch we had a breakfast time lingerie shower Friday morning and a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and bonfire and jam session Friday night. On Saturday we had the wedding at 4 PM, cocktails at 6 PM, dinner at 7 PM and dancing through 10 PM. Then a large group met at the outside fire ring at one of the cabins and carried on until the early morning hours.
Kris and the ranch staff were professional, friendly and accomodating at every turn. If I needed something they were there to help without question. They played a large part in making this wedding flawless and possible for me to hear my daughter say "I couldn't imagine my wedding being any better- this is everything I imagined it would be and I can't believe it all turned out so perfectly".
All of the outside vendors we worked with were great. Living Arts Floral in Lyons, Cathcart Photography in Loveland, The Hummin'birds band out of Arvada, The Daily Cake in Longmont, and My Mom's Pies in Niwot. I highly recommend each of these; everything was done as promised and was top quality.
I would be remiss if I didn't comment on how much family and guests enjoyed the horseback rides (they were so great several guests went on more than one ride!), hiking, fishing, mountain biking and the hot tubs in their cabins. They were all pleased with the attractive dining area and great food.
If a CO wedding is in your future I highly recommend Peaceful Valley Ranch.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank gh_bridesmom
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Wow. Definitely a unique wedding location! Our friends just got married here and 89 of their closest friends and family were able to join them at the beautiful Peaceful Valley Ranch. (Not all stayed the night, maybe half did). My first impression of the ranch was that it was much more 'dude ranchy' than I imagined. Young wranglers riding around on horseback, the community dining area, the petting zoo complete with donkey...it all added to the beautiful scenery of the valley in the Rockies and was all very cool. We stayed in the lodge in a tiny room, with a private bath. I think the prices are somewhat steep for the run down lodge (>100/night, should be more like $65-70), but it was convenient. I entered one of the cabins, and the hot tub in each is definitely a nice amenity, but those are even more expensive per night. They are definitely working the wedding destination angle, although there was a family reunion and multiple independent "dude families" visiting the same weekend. Having the pool and hot tub open 24hrs/day is awesome for us young folks who like to stay up late once in a while. :) I found the food pretty good, and all buffet style, except the wedding dinner, which was delicious (bacon wrapped filet mignon). They do offer gluten free and dairy free options at each meal, but you have to remind/ask each time to know what is safe. I enjoyed walking and hiking on the trails around the ranch, and I'm sure the valley was more peaceful before the road was paved so nicely, but we did see a bunch of cool old and sports cars drive through. The chapel is amazing and must be at least seen. Our friends had their ceremony at the top of the mountain, and the reception in the lodge. Great time, and all of the staff is very friendly, helpful, and always smiling! Maybe next time I'll go horseback riding...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank HoboHealth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park
Boulder Adventure Lodge
Boulder Adventure Lodge
#6 of 22 in Boulder
Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins

Been to Peaceful Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!