“An welcoming oasis”
Review of Lyons Farmette

Lyons Farmette
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Lyons
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Attended a summer wedding held @ the Lyons Farmette. As I"m from one of the mid Atlantic states & hadn't visited this part of the world in many years, I was unfamiliar with what I might meet. What a delightful surprise. This sweet oasis offers a mix of broad-reaching trees, small fenced-in pens holding farm animals, a creek gently making it's way through a side of its property - an arched bridge brooking it, numerous flowers showing vivid colors & shapes, a few rustic, attractive buildings - to name but a few of it's attributes. The food for the wedding was very good & the LF folks who worked the event were courteous & responsive. The owners/operators were present throughout & I/we found them welcoming, experienced & attentive (there's a not often found combo). Though the Farmette can hold many people, my sense is this is not a place designed, thankfully, for the Masses. (ie the restroom is in a trailer-like structure, placed where they're not visually front & centre). The entire affair was relaxed, delightful. After my visit I looked them up..if you wish to know more I recommend going to their website which provides photos & helpful information.

All reviews
"event"
in 5 reviews
"summer"

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We attended at wonderful evening at the Lyons Farmette. The event was a dinner presented by a local star chef, Bradford Heap, along with his staff. the setting is extraordinary with a stream, meadow, small farm animals, and flower beds. The owners, Betsy and Mike are most gracious hosts. There were approximately thirty attendees at a long table set in the meadow. The food was excellent and mostly prepared with local ingredients. The price of $75 per person was very reasonable for this upscale five course meal. We would not hesitate to attend another event at the Farmette.

2  Thank susanfern
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Lyons Farmette is a beautiful 4 acre organic farm located near downtown Lyons, 12 miles north of Boulder. They offer farm classes, farm dinners, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners and a farmer's market every Sunday from 12-6. I took my mom there on Mother's Day just to take a peaceful stroll around the gardens and visit with their sheep, chickens and handsome llama, Cuzco. It would be the perfect place to have a special event. I am excited to hear they will be offering farm dinners this summer. It is so great to be able to visit the farm where my eggs and produce are grown and to know the wonderful people who do all the hard work to make it happen.

2  Thank OceanYogi