“Pleasantly Surprised Spontaneous Stop”

Colorado Cherry Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Lyons
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Driving to the Rocky Mountains National Park, we didn't stop in Lyons to pick up provisions. Just a bit out of town way even before getting to Estes Park (which has a wide array of food options) we spontaneously pulled over when we saw a food sign in a place where there weren't many options. I thought they may have been limited to pizza but they had a decent selection of sandwiches, panini, pizza, awesome treats, exclusive cider, ice cream & shakes. Everything was home-made. I had a veggie panini and it was a delicious mix of veggies and hummus on an Italian seasoned home-made focaccia. The salad was a great balance of green, sweet, tart, and savory. The bison chili was great. They also sell a vast supply of cherry and huckleberry products. We tried a chocolate huckleberry bar and it was worth the hefty price. It's an informal restaurant where you order at a counter and sit yourself. Staff is friendly and will run your food to your table but there is technically no waiter service. The place has a granny home-like feel especially with the home-made pies. There's also a kids corner! We weren't expecting to have such a great meal as we did and felt compelled to recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I love cherry pie. My best friend and I made an afternoon trip out to Estes and got stuck in the construction traffic (yuck). Good thing this little gem was on the side of the road were we got stuck for over an hour! My best friend went and grabbed us a slice of pie and we munched on it as we waited. oh my goodness was it delicious! It was so good that I came back the following weekend to get the sweet and tart cherry pie with a flaky, soft crust. Mmm!! I can't wait to go back again! The staff are BEYOND friendly! You can grab a slice ($3, $4.50 alamode), sit down, get a whole pie ($15), or take a frozen one home. Which ever you choose, if you love pie DO NOT MISS THIS!!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The burgers and sandwiches were very good, the pies were fantastic and worth a trip. They also have juice, preserves, jams and much more available. We are still enjoying some of their preserves. They've been around for more than 50 years, and for good reason.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We did not get a chance to eat here. We stopped for bing cherry juice for a stocking stuffer. Cute store. Large selection of interesting foods and dri ks. The girl who helped us was super nice and helpful.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

What a great little spot! We stopped in as it is right on the road between Lyons and Estes Park and the place was packed. Seems everyone knew about the outstanding cherry pie (and other goodies) before we did. My husband had cherry pie - a generous slice and great sweet/tart taste. I had fun strolling through the shelves of local goodies and bought jars of whole cherry fruit spread and strawberry rhubarb preserves for gifts. We saw families with kids as well as volunteers helping with the flood damage to the Lyons area in this warm, cozy little spot....so glad we stopped. We will go back.