“Upscale city food with small town charm”
Review of LOCAL eat+drink - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LOCAL eat+drink
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Upscale city food with small town charm”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

An excellent find in the very small town of Lyons.

BAR
I was totally impressed with the liquor selection, even single malt Scotch was on the shelf. The bar menu had an array of creative cocktails. Likewise there was an excellent selection of local CRAFT BEER on tap.. including an IPA that held up to my very selective standards.

SERVICE
Absolutely excellent service at the bar, greeted immediately and the bartender was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu as well as the beer and cocktail selections.

FOOD
The menu is small plate (tapas style, though not Spanish themed) which I particularly love because it's fun to try a variety of foods. The ingredients are all fresh and local as the name of the restaurant suggests, and as such, the pricing is very reasonable. Sure you can get an order of "poppers" twice the size of this offering at some restaurants for a similar price... but the difference is that this item was freshly prepared with high quality ingredients rather than a frozen prefab that someone dumps into a fryer. Two of us split three small plates and both myself and my son who is a hearty eater were satisfied. The poppers were a little hot for his taste but fine for me. Also tried the smoked chicken wings, excellent smoke, but crispy outside texture made them to die for. The broccoli sliders were a great vegetarian option, but also delicious enough to satisfy meat lovers.

I would make a trip to Lyons just to stop and eat here.

• Visited July 2014

Colorado
“You will leave this restaurant hungry and with a lot less money in your wallet”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A strange stab at "nouvelle cuisine meets southern soul food," presented in small expensive portions. A tiny food menu combined with a large menu of pricey mixed drinks. The focus here is on "cool and trendy," for the privilege of which you will be expected to pony up handsomely. Not a good choice if you are hungry or have a family to feed. Expect to pay around $50 per person for one drink and what by the end of the "dinner" will amount to a few snacks. Some of the six plates we tried were tasty, others were not. The $12 "risotto" plate was not risotto at all, but a haggard small clump of rice with a few sprigs of parsley and obligatory dribbles of an unknown sauce.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank petergriffith
Lyons, Colorado
“Fresh, clean, delicious - Local”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had just spent 2 weeks in Italy on a somewhat culinary tour. The emphasis there was on organic, local, fresh. I have to admit my pallet was spoiled by the experience. On the way home from the airport, we decided to stop by LOCAL to try it out. I have to say that I was delighted at the quality of the food, and the energy of the atmosphere. This restaurant is family, tapas style dining. The menu changes based on what is available. I am so excited to dine here again.

Bravo LOCAL!!!

• Visited May 2014
Lyons, Colorado
“Exquisite new eats in Lyons, CO!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Outta the park, Katie B! Your soft opening Saturday blew our minds. You are truly gifted - and giving! We can't wait for our wedding guests to experience your magnificent creations. Congratulations!

• Visited April 2014