“We keep coming back!”
Review of Rimrock Outfitters

Rimrock Outfitters
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Mancos
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on a horseback trail ride in Colorado's San Juan Mountains! Crystal clear western skies let you see Colorado's spectacular La Plata Mountains to the east. To the west, the view includes the world-famous Mesa Verde National Park and the Sleeping Ute Mountain! Ride horses with us in the La Plata Mountains. Guided horseback rides are near Mancos, Colorado, between Durango and Mesa Verde National Park. High alpine wildflowers and wildlife abound! Rimrock Outfitters offers your family an authentic cowboy experience, the best vacation adventure in the country! Rimrock Outfitters adventures include breakfast and dinner rides, camp and pack trips, carriage, wagon, and sleigh rides! We now accommodate larger groups such as family reunions and corporate retreats. Perry and Lynne continue to add a personal touch to the horseback rides by conveying a warm, friendly attitude toward each of their guests.
Nashville, Arkansas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“We keep coming back!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When it's family vacation time and we head out anywhere close to Mancos, we make sure and visit Rimrock Outfitters! Perry and Lynne are the real deal, true cowboy and cowgirl with such a big heart! This is our 3rd trip back, would do it again and again! If you are wanting a wonderful experience, make sure to visit Rimrock!!!

Visited July 2014
RimrockOutfitters, Owner at Rimrock Outfitters, responded to this review, 15 June 2015
And we are so glad you DO keep coming back! We have made some terrific friends of folks who have come riding with us, and that includes your delightful family!

Hartsburg, Missouri
219 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Not your average trail ride”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We took the evening dinner ride. It is a small operation run by a couple. The wife (Lynn) leads the horses on the trails and the husband (Terry) rides ahead and prepares the meal. Then, Lynn takes out the guitar and signs some very good cowboy songs, yodeling included, with a most memorable backdrop of mountains, fields, and grazing horses. Afterward, there is another ride back to the stables. It is the most amazing trail ride I have ever taken. Should not be missed if you're in the area. As for the reviewer speaking about moving around on the horse and stretching her legs, again this is not your average trail ride and you're riding through some hilly country; riding safely is very important as throwing your weight around on a horse can lead to the horse stumbling on the terrain. As for helmets, it has been recently determined (even on mainstream news) that helmets do nothing to protect against head injuries. Better to help keep your horses' footing secure by riding in a safe manner. Will be coming back for sure next time we are in the area!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TheLongLongTrailer
Thank you! Your comments are very much appreciated. We are glad you rode with us.
Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Well-behaved horses. Wrangler was not familiar dealing with riders with any physical issues. I was yelled at for taking my feet out of the stirrups to rotate them as well as stretching my hips while riding. If they were THAT concerned about safety then why on earth were we NOT wearing helmets during the ride?

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katfromme
Tempe, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“More than I ever expected”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

While visiting my boyfriend's family in Mancos, we decided at the last minute to go horseback riding. We had evening plans and knew we could only fit in a two-hour ride. I gave Rimrock a call, and Perry was able to fit us in for a late afternoon ride.

I figured for only two hours, we'd maybe get lucky and get a short ride around a lake or alongside a road. Instead, Lynne took my boyfriend and I through some amazing scenery in the Mancos Valley. We went around lakes, through a forest, by small streams -- it was beautiful.

For all intents and purposes, we're beginner-level riders. I have experience trotting, but that's about the extent of my speed comfort level. Our horses were well-suited to our experience level, though mine (Biscuit) had some slight difficulty going downhill and I felt him stumble at least twice. It was nothing that made me fear for my safety, but it was a bit of a jolt.

Lynne did a great job explaining some of the more important sites and then letting us take in the scenery and the nice ride. I would have loved to have had more time for a longer ride, and I hope to do so with Rimrock in the future.

Visited May 2014
Durango Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Real Western Trail Ride”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had some family visiting from the East Coast and Rimrock Outfitters allowed us to take them on a real western trail ride. It was my nine-year-old niece’s first trail ride and this experience couldn’t have been better.
The fun started with visiting the ranch pets and some of the horses. The trail scenery was spectacular, with a huge variety of terrain, ranging from wooded forests to meadows and lakes.
Their two dogs even joined us on the trail ride and were entertaining to watch. Lynne was very knowledgeable about the property and took the time to point out some highlights and historic landmarks. Thank you a fun afternoon !

Visited April 2014
1 Thank theaustrian

Been to Rimrock Outfitters? Share your experiences!