“Loved Service, Location and Area”
Review of Echo Basin Ranch

Echo Basin Ranch
Boston
“Loved Service, Location and Area”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My family and I had a lovely time here. We stayed in a cabin which we found very comfortable. There are several types of cabins; ours had a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker but there are others with full kitchens. (I second the comment that some basic dishes and cutlery would have been useful, though.) The grounds are gorgeous, complete with deer and horses--my teenagers were in heaven and enjoyed exploring. There is also a pool and hot tub to enjoy after you have spent the day exploring Mesa Verde. The property is large; cabins are on one side and there are RV facilities on the other. (You can't see or hear the RVs from the cabins.)

The owners and staff were especially friendly, helpful and patient with our fluctuating schedule. They had lots of information about the surrounding area, fishing, etc. We took advantage of the guided horseback riding, which we enjoyed. We would return any time!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Very disappointed that our family reunion was scheduled here. The cabins are not clean. Spider webs, lots of dead flies. Can you say "vacuum?" Also found mouse droppings on one of the bunks. For $150 nightly, I expect housekeeping to be a little consciencious when running the vacuum. Also, scheduled towel sevice never showed and restaurant food was fair at best. Pool was dirty. WiFi didn't work. Met up with a "blinged up" women in the lobby who greeted me with "and what do you want?" Turns out, she was the owner.

Wish I had better things to say. This could be a wonderful place under the right ownership. We won't be returning.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank CharleneS70
Salt Lake city
Reviewed 9 July 2010

As we drove up to this resort we saw a beautifully landscaped resort area. The area in which Echo Basin is located is gorgeous. The A-frame cabins are located among some pines and along a beautiful little stream. However, once we went into our cabin it was quite dissapointing. The cabins have not been kept up. The place was filthy, with cobwebs hanging from the ceilings and lamps. The bathroom shower had black mold growing in the corners and the carpeted bathroom floor was stained with who knows what! There was a black built up of scum around the sink faucets. Gross!!!
The furniture in the living room was disgusting; it was dirty and worn. Apparently they don't inspect the kitchen before the next guests arrive because the silverware was dirty in the drawers and their was lipstick on the cups. I couldn't wait to get out of there! If the place was really clean, I wouldn't have minded the old furniture and mismatched kitchen supplies, but I just couldn't get past how dirty the place was. We were told that there was a resturant on location, but the night we arrived we discovered that it isn't open every night.
It is too bad because this is such a beautiful area and I think it would be a great place for a family reunion.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank hitinthetrail
Wildomar, California
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My husband and I chose Echo Basin Ranch RV resort due to location in between Durango and Cortez Colorado. My parents, aunt and uncle ( from Florida) , my husband and I all had campers and we wanted to explore the Mesa Verde Indian ruins in Mesa Verde and go on the historic scenic train from Durango to Silverton. We chose Echo Basin due to being centrally located and all the amenities of the resort. They offered a pool, spa, golfing, fishing and horseback riding. The place is very well maintained and the cabins on the site are adorable. We ate at the restaurant one night and our meal was fabulous and cooked perfectly. I had a massage there and would recommend the massage therapist to everyone that visits there. She was awesome. The place has streams and beautiful scenery. The horseback riding is wonderful. We did not have children in our group but I noticed there was alot of things to keep children busy with a playground and sandbox stocked with toys, swing sets etc. We will be returning there again next month and bringing our friends. It was fabulous. I was sad to leave this morning!!! We have a beautiful home to return to and we are usually excited to return home but not this time, it was sad to leave!!! I would recommend highly

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angibnz
Fruita, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a wonderful place to go to get away from everything. The campground personnel are very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you and make things easier. We went on a trail ride through the property. Our guide was a very knowledgeable person and was very friendly (we are thinking about sending our daughters to her to have riding lessons and some of her friends as well). The restraunt staff was also great, the food was decent for the price,and they even had some comparable drink prices.
The campground was clean and organized, they were almost full to capacity in the cabins, and the only downfall was that the pool was being worked on and would be open after we left. However we will be going back as soon as we possibly can.
I wish to say "Thank You to all"!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Mancos, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We initially planned on staying a week and ended up staying 3 weeks. What a nice place to stay with beautiful views and really nice people that offer lots of things to do. They offer horsebackriding (ride theirs or bring your own) with miles and miles of trails into the beautiful San Juan Mountains. You can swim in the pool, soak in the hot tub, get a massage, play golf, volleyball, basketball, tennis, etc. Bring your 4 wheelers for family outings... It even offers the perfect setting to get married! They have a nice restaurant with a reasonably priced menu and delicious food. The folks that own and run this establishment are top drawer... they really go out of their way to accommodate your needs. We had a great time and would absolutely stay here again! We are fulltimer's and Echo Basin is one of the nicest places we've stayed. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I had a great time at Echo Basin Ranch! I brought my horse and he brought his Polaris Razer. I spent hours riding my horse thru the mountains and streams while my husband explored gold mines and the hills of Colorado. We would recommend this ranch to anyone! PS: The fishing is great also!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mancos
Far View Lodge
Majestic Dude Ranch
Majestic Dude Ranch
#2 of 7 in Mancos
Ms. Kitty's Country Inn

Been to Echo Basin Ranch? Share your experiences!