Mancos Inn & Hostel(Mancos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$87
US$73
Mesa Verde Motel(Mancos)(Great Value!)
US$86
Far View Lodge(Mesa Verde National Park)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$110
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrv resortnational parkhot tubfire pitpull thrumesa verdekids loved the poolwonderful campgroundlaundry facilitysewer smellfree wifibig rigfull hookupsdog arealong term residentslocated mileresort grounds are
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Now on the positive side, yes, the RV park is close to the entrance of Mesa Verde and the views are absolutely fabulous, especially if you stay on the higher area of the park. :) So if you do NOT need internet connection, you're set.

But I do need it. I would have given this RV park 4 or 5 stars if it wasn't for the worst WIFI ever!! I mean ZERO connection if you are on the higher area (i.e. the one with the best views). And they know it, but don't seem to do what it takes to improve it. :( :( That alone is a THUMBS DOWN!

Also sadly, the mosquitoes were awful, awful, awful in early September. You couldn't even walk your dog without an onslaught of them all over you. We always had to RUSH into our RV to stop them from coming in. They were all around the outside of our windows, as well. Can't something be done about that?

Nice people, great views, cute miniature golf course....but the above means we will never be back. :(

Room Tip: ASK where you can get good WIFI if you need it, and understand that it will NOT be where the best views are...if that have it. Also ASK what they have done about the mosquitoes, which were absolutely horrid in September of 2013.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nancyadams
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Despite my calling months in advance and confirming the exact rate, type of site, etc., there was no record of our reservation when we arrived. They were able to accommodated us in a more expensive site and never offered to offset the upcharge. The pool and hot tubs were very nice and clean, however, and the location was wonderfully convenient to the national park entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Smart clean and friendly site, half a mile from the National Park. Medium sized pool with 2 hot tubs and a lovely outside barbeque and seating area. The restrooms looked new and were of a high standard. One of the best campgrounds we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steggs
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a camping cabin which was clean and suited out needs. The restrooms were spotless. I could almost see my face in the sink it was so shiny. This is an older park but the managers take really good care of it. The grandkids enjoyed the Rec room. We could look out from our window and see Mesa Verde National Park. What a view. We would definitely use this park again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is *the* campground to stay at, no question about it! We arrived at Mesa Verde early in the morning and didn't want to take the trailer. We called ahead to see if we could drop it off - no problem. The staff was super nice when we checked in and helped us get situated in a better site than the one we were supposed to be in. Most of the sites have large shade trees (the big rig site do not) which, in the desert, was really nice to have. The bathrooms are the cleanest that I have ever seen in campgrounds. The laundry facility had plenty of machines so that I didn't have to wait and were also spotless. My children thoroughly enjoyed the playground and the pool. We, adults, enjoyed the comfortable firepit sitting area. After staying here, I'm totally spoiled. Other RV parks where we have stayed do not compare.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family