US$73
Mesa Verde Motel(Mancos)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$115
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrv resortnational parkhot tubfire pitpull thrumesa verdekids loved the poolwonderful campgroundlaundry facilitysewer smellfree wifibig rigfull hookupsdog arealong term residentslocated mileresort grounds are
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was ready to give this place a 5 until I used up almost all my battery trying to get the wifi to connect. Their website lists this place as having 7 wifi towers so the signal should be great...not so by a longshot. Since AT&T does not get a signal here, internet is very important to us when traveling. They do have spacious spots with reasonable shade for the area and 2 clean hot tubs and a pool. Might stay here again if in the area or try the place half mile away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't get me wrong the place is great for everything else, clean, neat, close to national park etc as every one else stated.

However, If it is cool enough to leave the windows open the road noise is constant. The gravel pull through sites are fine although I have a low back end and dragged going into 2 different sites and gouged the gravel.They DO NOT allow camp fires and have dog breed restrictions so make sure if you have a dog it is not on their list. Being a dog owner of several different breeds I find this completely offensive and discriminatory. Any dog can be trained to be dangerous and vicious or kind an friendly, it all depends on the trainer. They did say it was their insurance company stating the restriction and apologized however, that did not change my attitude.

My big issue was the wifi. I work in the IT world and used an external antenna with a wifi booster/ repeater. The park was about 3/4 full. They boast about their wifi antennas but in reality you can have a million antennas and if the pipe to the facility is too small when every one is on, the system slows to a crawl. We needed to do a lot of trip planning and booking before moving on to the Grand Canyon and then Vegas. We read the reviews and thought this was a great place to stop to plan the next few stops on our trip. At night after touring Mesa Verde National park we needed to do our planning but could get anywhere. At one time their router refused my connection saying "no more connections allowed" The only time it was useable (if waiting 10-30 sec for a page to load) was in the morning before 10. There were times it would burst to 4 or 5 mbps but it would suddenly drop to .7 or .2mbps. it was very inconstant and frustrating. My kids did try to stream as some one stated they were able to but you got a few minutes of show before it would buffer.

Everything else was mostly fine.

Room Tip: Spots toward the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were not sure when we would get there so we only booked it the day of and since we had called prior to the trip and then, it had changed owners. One would not have known if they didn't tell you. The campground is directly across from the Mesa Verde National Park entrance. They have a pool that my kiddos enjoyed thoroughly while I did laundry. Facilities were pretty spotless and kept up nicely. Our campsite was nice with a covered area over the picnic table and a firepit. They sprayed twice a day for the bugs and there were no flies or mosquitoes to bug us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommaof5kiddos
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Carol and Dale are the new owners - knowledgeable, extremely friendly and making daily improvements. They live on-site so you're guaranteed a very pleasant experience and help if you need it. The restrooms and showers are spotless and roomy, very good location right across from the entrance to Mesa Verde NP, very nice sites. There is a hot tub, swimming pool and even a miniature golf course - great fun. Please NOTE: They will be changing the name of the Park to "Ancient Cedars" in the near future to more accurately reflect the location and environment. You can book this one with confidence!

Room Tip: The "back-in" sites have very tight turning - the pull-throughs are much easier.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank obankestrel
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived in the mid afternoon and were greeted by the new owners of the campground. Had a nice chat with them about the campground and then made our way over to our tent site. The site had a covered area for our tent, picnic table and a fire pit with two types of covers you can use to cook on or just keep the fire down.

The facility has 4 each of washers and dryers, lots of hot water for the showers, pool, hot tub and cabin with a tv, pool table, video game and some other items of entertainment.

The place was about half full while we were there and after talking to the new owners they are working on many improvements for the coming year.

I saw in some other reviews people were complaining about poor wifi. I feel bad for those people, how can you enjoy the beauty of nature while on your phone or computer. Pay no attention to those people, they lack depth.

The site is just off the freeway and ten minutes from town. They sell a big bundle of great firewood for $5 so don't waste your money in town get it there.

Do yourself a favor and stay here

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple