“Well run motel”

and 1 more site!
Mesa Verde Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mancos
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This friendly place is conveniently located, very clean and has a friendly owner. Good spot to stay for visiting the Mesa Verde National Park just a few miles away. Good restaurant immediately beside the motel as well.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Balmillig
There are newer reviews for Mesa Verde Motel

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were planning on staying in Cortez while visiting Mesa Verde NP, but decided to stay in Mancos instead. Which was a great choice. Mancos is small, has a good choice of eateries and is less congested than Cortez. Happily, this motel was available. I don't know what to say other than echo other reviewers. Owners were pleasant, the rooms were spotless and well-appointed and the price was more than reasonable. I love small motels and this was one of the best I've encountered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ttwwy
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband started looking at me as if I was crazy when we drove up. While I love quirky places to stay, he prefers more of the expected. I kept saying it is only one night and it was really inexpensive. So I started our visit with a grumpy husband.

Things soon turned around. The people were just so nice at check in and discussing options for dinner. There was also coffee pods and small bars of chocolate just waiting for him to use while I checked in. By the time we got to the room, he was all smiles.

This is an old fashion motel and think from the 50's. The owners have made it comfortable. Like all old hotels.motels enough plugs be the bed can be a problem. The rooms were cleaner than some of the more expensive places we had been staying. Our only real complaint was the internet was slow. For the rate we paid, we felt we had hit the jack pot.

The next morning was fun standing around with everyone else checking out discussing plans. There were motorcyclists from Europe heading up towards Sturgess. There is just something about the place that makes everyone, including guests, friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Accommodations were very clean and tidy. I brought slippers to wear but didn't need to as the rug and floor were so clean. Everything you need for a good nights sleep. There isn't a continental breakfast but there is coffee in the room. Little table for either a laptop (free wifi) or a little breakfast. I read the reviews and wanted to add one because I too thought it was a great motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The rest of the family was camping, we like a bed so we chose this motel. Glad we did, the place is impeccably clean, the bed was very comfortable and the owners couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. Our two dogs were treated as welcomed guests also. Very reasonable rates are a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've always been a snob and stayed in upper chain type Hotels. My family was all camping for the weekend and I am not a camper so began looking for a hotel to stay at.

This cute little motel had a welcome basket complete with treats and sheets and a letter to our fur persons (our two small chihuahuas) upon arriving in our room.

Although the motel is small it far exceeds large chain hotels that I have stayed in the past and we and our pets felt like we were important to their business!

Another plus is the restaurant located adjacent to the hotel serving superb food!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CML130
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here in April, after a visit to Mesa Verde. The motel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were exceptionally clean and pleasant. It's in close walking distance to several restaurants, a coffee roaster downtown, and a liquor store with good Colorado beers! It was a nice change from the usual bland chain motels we end up staying on our budget. We would definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for a worry-free place to stop on their road trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viennaguitar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mancos
Retro Inn at Mesa Verde
Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Far View Lodge
Far View Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mesa Verde National Park
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites
Ms. Kitty's Country Inn

Been to Mesa Verde Motel? Share your experiences!