“Hummus aplenty and garlic galore”

Heart of Jerusalem Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hummus aplenty and garlic galore”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have eaten here twice. You have to love a place that isn't afraid to use plenty of garlic! The hummus is fresh and seasoned perfectly. I've never had better falafel. And the chicken is tender and good. The gyro meat is fine. Not perfect, but good. Most of the platters seem very similar. Basically they all have meat, hummus, pita, salad and/or falafel. But it works for me. Healthy, good food in a great little town. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kdnwbrry

Denver
“Best Middle Eastern I've had in Colorado”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been searching for falafel and shwarma like I had in Jerusalem for several years now and this place hit the mark. Everything we ate was divine and tasted like the real deal. Plus our server was very attentive and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
“Great value”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and have never been dissapointed. I find it reasonably priced. Definitely will return for the Heart of Jerusalem sandwich.

Sandy, Utah
“Wonderful Small Plates”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We dinned here for a late lunch on their tiny patio. We all decided to order a bunch of their small plates since we were eating dinner late and already had a dinner reservation. It was a perfect decision! We tried their Manakeesh (flat bread style pizza), Falafel (veggie chickpea mini burgers) and the hummus with pita slices to dunk with. It was all amazing!!! They whole town was having a water problem due to the flooding they had experienced so the greeted our table with complimentary bottled water for all of us. The patio we dinned on was small but a great place to people watch. We will totally be back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LolaBean55
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“average restaurant”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

the menu seems nice enough, but the food is average.
I took a diner plate. the rice was overcooked, the falafel to dry, the meat really salty. hummus was good though.

Visited September 2013