“Dillon Motel”
Review of Dillon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Dillon Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Have been a guest at the Dillon Motel since the early '80's pretty much every summer. George and Joanne have watched both kids grow up and now they are watching my grandkids. It is a safe, inexpensive and family friendly motel with the added bonus of the nightly feeding of the deer that stop by. It is centrallly located to both Colorado City and Downtown Manitou Springs with fresh brewed coffee made available in the mornings.
They have a combination of old rooms and new rooms available. We stayed as a family in the older section as well as the new and I love the charm of sitting outside my room visiting with guests and the hosts.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

You have been coming many years with your family and we’ve always enjoyed having you. We share a lot of good memories and fun.

Thank you so much for the good times!!
George and Joanne

Reviewed 21 July 2013

If you are tired of the same old thing time and again, I suggest you stay right here. These adorable little bungalows are fantastic for singles, groups of friends, couples and families. The customer service was outstanding! The owners were fantastic during check in, very understanding and accommodating in working with me on extending my stay another night. I was there during fourth of July weekend and the surround areas were packed with people, however, this hotel was so quiet and peaceful one could easily get lost in the tranquil atmosphere. This smaller hotel was just the ticket for some rest and relaxation!!

The rooms are older but very clean and the pool was fantastic. The cute adobe exterior added a quaint ambiance to the overall feel of the premises. If you are looking for a change of pace and a new adventure in your travels, I highly recommend making this your place to stay. Centrally located no matter whether you are wanting to spend the day on Pike's Peak, a hike in the Garden of the Gods, or shopping in the old downtown district, this is the place is it! Not too far from Fort Carson either if you are visiting a family member like I was. Isn't it about time to step out of the comfort zone and experience a new adventure?

I highly recommend staying here. Cleanliness, peace and customer service far outweigh having multiple flat screen televisions or fancy gadgets in a room. After my extensive travels across the country over the years, I no longer find it appealing to stay in the cookie cutter hotels. I'm ready to add to my travels and experience adventures of enjoying quaint, off the beaten path places to stay. This is one of those places I will be staying in again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NVHNTR
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to
please our guests. Our motel was built by my grandparents in 1947
and we try and preserve a little history. It’s our pleasure to make everyone
feel at home.
Thank you very much.
George and Joanne James
Owners

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Staying at the Dillon brings back memories of traveling as a child when a lot of motels were family owned and operated. The motel is in a great location in Manitou. We stayed in a newer section, and the room was quite large and very clean. George, the owner, is a great reference for nearby food and activities. I enjoyed morning coffee with George and learned a lot about the history of the area. If you want a clean nice place to stay in Manitou then stay with George and his wife at the Dillon. Thank You George

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tscott123
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your stay. We enjoyed having you.
George and Joanne James

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This kind of place is what Manitou Springs is all about. Nice family run older motel. If you are wanting the ritz this is not it. But if you want a nice clean room, big pool and a friendly greeting then the Dillon Motel is the place. It was sold out every night we stayed that should tell you something. We stayed July 12th & 13th in unit 5 - Remember it is a older Motel but clean and a great place to lay your head

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you I am happy you enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed at the Dillon mid May. We decided that since we would be sight-seeing and visiting with family that we would not be extravagant with our hotel expenses. I was skepical when we reserved our room. I was plesantly surprised though when we arrived and the rooms were clean and comfy. The best part came though getting up in the morning and chatting with George and watching the deer in the parking lot. It was wonderful, I would most assuredly stay here again and highly recommend it if you are looking for a comfy place to rest your head and a hot cup of coffee and good conversation to start your day....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try hard to make you fell at home

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed for two nights in mid may. As it was a bit off season the price was right and we had the run of the place. It was quiet, clean and had plenty of parking. I would stay there again. The hotel is owned by a friendly couple who seem to take pleasure in running the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Steven M
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We try very hard to accommodate and please our valued guests and enjoy some Bunk House chat at morning coffee. Our Housekeeping staff takes pride in their work and appreciates comments such as your. We’re glad you enjoyd your stay !

George and Joanne James- Owners

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The Dillon was nice, and clean! It's an older roadside hotel, basic, well worth the price. Loved the morning coffee waiting for us outside the office. George the owner was outstanding. We got a rock chip in our windshield on our trip out. We asked about windshield repair and he wasn't sure,but by the time we got back from a short tour of Garden of the Gods, George had found a place close by,and had called to find out their hours. Now that is service! I would recommend this to many of my friends, however not ones who prefer big chains and wouldn't appreciate the quaintness.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We try our very best to please our valued guest.
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
George and Joanne James - Owners