“Blast from the past!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dillon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Dillon Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
“Blast from the past!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip. This is a cute little motel about a mile (easy walk) out of town. It may look old fashioned on the outside, but the units have been updated enough to make them comfortable but without losing the retro feel. The owners are a kind and helpful couple, and really interesting to talk to. I also had the pleasure of feeding early morning cookies to a mule deer! Next time I'm in town I know where to stay - many thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dominico76
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try and make our guests feel at home and accommodate your needs with a little bunk house chat. From time to time we have our 4 legged friends visit.
Owners

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were recently in town for the Pikes Peak Marathon and I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read from tripadvisor. Upon arrival we were greeted by the owners, who are the grandchildren of the original owners, and have a sense of pride and nostalgia for the place and surrounding areas unlike what you would find at any of the chain hotels.
The rooms are a bit dated, but are clean and comfortable. The location is right in Manitou Springs, one block away from Garden of the Gods, and less than 1 mile from the center of the downtown shopping area. You just cant find a better location at a better price.
In the morning deer come over from the park and take some Oreo cookies from the owners mouth which is a sight to see.
The pool was large and exceptionally clean, and the coffee good and fresh in the morning. I highly recommend a stay here is you prefer to patronize the local business owners and "little guys."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jessndenSouthernAZ
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know you enjoyed the Marathon, as we get many runners for the event. Our location is very accessible to most all area attractions and some restaurants within walking distance. I am a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and maintain our pool to the Health Departments specifications and above. We try very hard to please our wonderful guests and assist their needs.

Thank you very much for you stay.
Whiting, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed, my wife and I stayed in a newer room and the beds were very comfortable. The owner George was outstanding He even taught my wife how to have a cookie taken out of her mouth by a deer, Thank you george for a wonderfull stay

Room Tip: stay in the newer addition for more room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay and the deer, they visit from time to time.
We try and make everyone feel welcome and at home.

Thank you.
George James
Ridgway, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Dillon Motel. We were on business and looking for a bargain. The price is very low -- but as is generally the case you get what you pay for. There are a few newer units from the looks of things and perhaps the good reviews are about those units. The one we stayed in was quite old .. pretty sure the mattresses are at least 20 years old as well as the bathroom shower stall, etc.

The people are very nice .. it seems to be in a safe spot. The pool looked very clean and well cared for in spite of it's age. I would give it the highest reviews for the hospitality .. but really feel some new bedding is in order. There was no internet access from inside of our room or from the room next to us .. you had to sit outside to access it, so if that is important to you -- check to see if any of the units can acquire the signal from indoors.

Room Tip: Try a new unit
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kellie E
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your stay. Our mattresses were changed in the past 7 years, some are firm and some are med-firm. Our motel was opened in 1947 by my grandparents and we try to preserve a little history, as many of our wonderful guests return year after year because of that fact. We try very hard to make our guest feel welcome and at home.
I am a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and maintain the operation of our pool. If something is broke, we fix it.
Our morning Cowboy coffee is pretty good too!

Thank you again for your stay.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Have been a guest at the Dillon Motel since the early '80's pretty much every summer. George and Joanne have watched both kids grow up and now they are watching my grandkids. It is a safe, inexpensive and family friendly motel with the added bonus of the nightly feeding of the deer that stop by. It is centrallly located to both Colorado City and Downtown Manitou Springs with fresh brewed coffee made available in the mornings.
They have a combination of old rooms and new rooms available. We stayed as a family in the older section as well as the new and I love the charm of sitting outside my room visiting with guests and the hosts.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
You have been coming many years with your family and we’ve always enjoyed having you. We share a lot of good memories and fun.

Thank you so much for the good times!!
George and Joanne
Elko, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

If you are tired of the same old thing time and again, I suggest you stay right here. These adorable little bungalows are fantastic for singles, groups of friends, couples and families. The customer service was outstanding! The owners were fantastic during check in, very understanding and accommodating in working with me on extending my stay another night. I was there during fourth of July weekend and the surround areas were packed with people, however, this hotel was so quiet and peaceful one could easily get lost in the tranquil atmosphere. This smaller hotel was just the ticket for some rest and relaxation!!

The rooms are older but very clean and the pool was fantastic. The cute adobe exterior added a quaint ambiance to the overall feel of the premises. If you are looking for a change of pace and a new adventure in your travels, I highly recommend making this your place to stay. Centrally located no matter whether you are wanting to spend the day on Pike's Peak, a hike in the Garden of the Gods, or shopping in the old downtown district, this is the place is it! Not too far from Fort Carson either if you are visiting a family member like I was. Isn't it about time to step out of the comfort zone and experience a new adventure?

I highly recommend staying here. Cleanliness, peace and customer service far outweigh having multiple flat screen televisions or fancy gadgets in a room. After my extensive travels across the country over the years, I no longer find it appealing to stay in the cookie cutter hotels. I'm ready to add to my travels and experience adventures of enjoying quaint, off the beaten path places to stay. This is one of those places I will be staying in again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank NVHNTR
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to
please our guests. Our motel was built by my grandparents in 1947
and we try and preserve a little history. It’s our pleasure to make everyone
feel at home.
Thank you very much.
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Staying at the Dillon brings back memories of traveling as a child when a lot of motels were family owned and operated. The motel is in a great location in Manitou. We stayed in a newer section, and the room was quite large and very clean. George, the owner, is a great reference for nearby food and activities. I enjoyed morning coffee with George and learned a lot about the history of the area. If you want a clean nice place to stay in Manitou then stay with George and his wife at the Dillon. Thank You George

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tscott123
George J, Owner at Dillon Motel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your stay. We enjoyed having you.